• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Silent Son (Short film)

Hey guys,

This is the latest project I was involved in for university...

http://youtu.be/el0IJhdfnjM?hd=1

Had a lot of creative differences with the director, which lead to a few "arguments" over the visual look (I was DoP), we came to a sort of midway point though. I'm relatively pleased with my work on this, but it's not my favourite, could have done better I think personally!

Let me know what you think.

Shot on 5D Mark ii with Cosina 135mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8 & Contax Yashica 50mm 1.4.

Cheers,
Antony.

Nice work.

I thought it was quite good. Everything from the picture, cuts and the audio.
The acting was great too which all adds up to a nice start for you.

What did you use to capture audio? ...sounded really crisp to my ears:yes:

Anthony,

I don't know what your disagreements were, but the middle-ground you and the director came to is a good place. I think this cinematography is terrific.

The one thing that kinda irked me, though, was the extensive use of the over-the-shoulder shots, taken from behind, as they talked on the park bench. Shots like that can be very useful to create a mood, or drive a point home, but in my opinion they should be used more sparingly, because generally speaking, I like to be able to see my actors' face when they speak. Also, that scene seemed to jump all over the place, regarding the 180-rule; it wasn't too bad, but a little jarring.

That's just me nit-picking, though, cuz overrall, this is really nice.

Back