• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Silent Film Screenplay

I have an idea for a silent film but am not sure how to write it into a screenplay. I tried searching online for help, but did not come up with much. Do any of you have tips or sites that could be of some help?

I have Celtx and have been using that for other screenplays (with dialogue). I'm just not sure how to go about writing one without. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey Buddy.

Thanks for your input. I think using sluglines and actionlines will be my best bet. It seems like the most common sense way of going about it. I just wanted to check with indietalk's experts to see if there was another way. :)

I am new to screenwriting and am trying to write in the correct format and practice as much as I can. Thank you again for your advise.

That's correct...

Hey Buddy.

Thanks for your input. I think using sluglines and actionlines will be my best bet. It seems like the most common sense way of going about it. I just wanted to check with indietalk's experts to see if there was another way. :)

I am new to screenwriting and am trying to write in the correct format and practice as much as I can. Thank you again for your advise.

Just write it as a normal screenplay WITHOUT the dialogue...

filmy

Hi limelite!

I'm co-owner of a gallery in Chicago called {fill in the blank} Gallery. We're screening a silent indie film by Allen Keating-Moore (Minneapolis) this Friday, Feb 26. Maybe you could come and see what he's done and join the discussion about silent films? It would be great to have you! I'm pasting the info below, but you can see more—including a trailer—on our website: http://www.fillintheblankgallery.com/upcoming-events/2009/12/11/shut-the-mouth.html

Hope to see you there!
Kristen

Friday, February 26
8pm
$3-$10 suggested donation

Shut The Mouth, a feature length silent film, offers a fresh approach to filmmaking as a personal and philosophical discipline, rendering images as insights and music as an auditory fountain bursting with meaning. This film is a powerful, cinematic realization of the existential searching necessary to find understanding in the singular lives we live. Shut The Mouth is about a vow of silence, elusive philosophical realities, and the inner turmoil all of us will face in order to find our way forward. It’s also a contemplative film, drawing the viewer into its depths while refusing easy answers. This film deals with personal crisis and a persistent need to ponder the haunting nature of human existence, letting every new realization soak in slowly, moment by moment.

Back