• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Silent Film" (3 minute short)

Weird & cool mask thing. :cool:

Found the heavy post-fx distracting. The border-box should have been jumping up & down, too, when the titlecards did, btw.

Did you do any pre-shoot prep into converting to b/w?

The translation for the titlecards was hilarious. Some very obvious heavy language on video, with much tamer cards. :lol:

Gonna make this character a regular?

Good advice, and all taken to heart. I'm re-rendering the project and will have a modified version up tonight after my real job :)

As far as your questions...

-no we shot in color and greyscaled it in Vegas, with no real concern about the aesthetics and how they transitioned...
-as far as Major being a returning character? He's actually the head of our company, and you're sure to see more of him :)

Weird & cool mask thing. :cool:

Found the heavy post-fx distracting. The border-box should have been jumping up & down, too, when the titlecards did, btw.

Alright, here we are with an updated version. We fixed the title card issue that you pointed out, and went just a little less on the jitter effect. It's much easier to make out the characters faces and what they are really saying, without sacrificing that "1908" look.

You had asked about filming and such I thought I'd point out we used a single Sony CRX160 and all the editing was done in Vegas 11.

Anyway, here it is...

http://youtu.be/pN5dZzDm8FA

Last edited:
Back