Should i buy new camera or equipment?

Now i have 200 limit for a camera for christmasc. Not much.

My current camera is bad.

Should i buy a new camera? If so which ones do u suggest?

Or should i buy equipment. Maybe some lense. If so what?

What do u guys think?

Your current camera is a Casio Exilim (gleaned from your hello thread).

There's some good basic DV cameras that you could get for $200, but there ain't gonna be a lot of variety of options - 'cos at that pricepoint most cameras are pretty much the same.

Should i buy a new camera?

Or should i buy equipment?

What do u guys think?

I think you should decide on what you are trying to do first, and then figure out what you need to accomplish that goal.

So... why do you need a better camera?

...and what are you trying to do?

Now i have 200 limit for a camera for christmasc. Not much.

My current camera is bad.

Should i buy a new camera? If so which ones do u suggest?

Or should i buy equipment. Maybe some lense. If so what?

What do u guys think?

Okay, I had to check your other thread to find out what kind of camera you have, and I see you have the EXILIM. So, I googled that, and I see that you can shoot 1,200 FPS! Wow! Why would you even consider replacing that camera?

http://exilim.casio.com/products_exf1.shtml

Oh, wait a minute, I see that there's more than one Exilim. We're gonna need to know what you're working with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGt5f70K02Q

:)

Oh. Im sorry guys.

Im trying to make some short films. And i have a feature/short film planned for next year, but without a better camera that would be postponed. So its mostly just short films for now.

Id like to enter into a few film festivals also.

The EXILIM that ive got it a EX-S10.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Ok, that camera is designed for stills and pretty much only stills, so realistically you should probably be looking to upgrade.

For only 200 bucks the choices are pretty limited but you want to hunt around eBay for a MiniDV, or something similar. Alternatively you can save up for the T2i.

The most important thing, as is frequently mentioned in these threads, is manual focus.

Alright. Any miniDV in mind?

And i would save up but i cant at the moment. Paying off car and moving out but i will be trying to get a T2i for my graduation present.

I second Nick's recommendation. A lot of people on this forum would say just start shooting on whatever you've got. There's some wisdom to that. At the same time, if you've got a $200 budget, I would recommend used miniDV. It doesn't matter which model -- whichever one you can find for cheap that has the three must-have features: manual exposure, manual white-balance, and manual focus. In my opinion, you want not just auto focus, but a focus ring.

If you're patient, and search diligently, you might be able to get one for less than $150.

A tripod is a must. In your price-range, with your left-over money, you're going to get a flimsy piece of crap. Treat it with care; it will break easily. But you still need it.

You'll want some lights. Heck, even a $20 construction light (hardware store) is better than nothing.

If you can find a way to squeeze a cheap $30 shotgun mic into your budget, God bless ya. It won't sound anything like what the pros are using (or even the intermediate amateurs like myself), but it will be better than in camera's built-in mic.

I second Nick's recommendation. A lot of people on this forum would say just start shooting on whatever you've got. There's some wisdom to that. At the same time, if you've got a $200 budget, I would recommend used miniDV. It doesn't matter which model -- whichever one you can find for cheap that has the three must-have features: manual exposure, manual white-balance, and manual focus. In my opinion, you want not just auto focus, but a focus ring.

If you're patient, and search diligently, you might be able to get one for less than $150.

A tripod is a must. In your price-range, with your left-over money, you're going to get a flimsy piece of crap. Treat it with care; it will break easily. But you still need it.

You'll want some lights. Heck, even a $20 construction light (hardware store) is better than nothing.

If you can find a way to squeeze a cheap $30 shotgun mic into your budget, God bless ya. It won't sound anything like what the pros are using (or even the intermediate amateurs like myself), but it will be better than in camera's built-in mic.

Great advice. Ive got a tripod but its literally being held by like six tiestraps. It barely works but its all i have got.

Ill look into the lights and mic. Hope i could get those.

And im not going to get the very first one. To cheap for that. Going to look around.

You guys are great.

Back