• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Sci-fi/Thriller film "ABDUCTION"

fyi, I was that previous poster you were talking about, not the op.

Yes, sorry, that penny has just dropped. My last 3 posts were aimed at you as if you were the filmmaker. I don't beilieve that oversight invalidates anything I said but I'll have a quick go at editing them so they make sense to others.

i got quite involved when they were in the skin tight leopard suits running through tall grass :yes:

I don't think you got involved, so much as dreaming that you could get involved! :)

G

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that this short/scene didn't do much for me in my personal opinion. It lacked substance! There was nothing there for me to latch onto.

If I understand it correctly --
A person, walking down the street, sees a light or a UFO. Wakes up and realizes something is wrong. Has a flashback or a vision of some mysterious being. Then he's on the balcony taking a swig of water and sees the light again.

I don't really see a compelling story here. Nothing new for me at least. I didn't even find it beginning to scratch the surface of anything. Just felt too loose.

Does this person have some sort of power now that he was abducted?
If he does was this intentional or just a byproduct of being abducted?
Are the beings hostile? Friendly?
Why is the light coming back at the end? Unfinished business?
What is the passing of time from when he sees the light on the street and on the balcony?
Is this the first time he's being abducted?

So many unanswered questions. Believe me, I'm a fan of ambiguous endings when done correctly. But when the entire story is ambiguous because it doesn't give you anything to grab hold of and follow, then in my opinion, that's a problem.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that this short/scene didn't do much for me in my personal opinion. It lacked substance! There was nothing there for me to latch onto.

If I understand it correctly --
A person, walking down the street, sees a light or a UFO. Wakes up and realizes something is wrong. Has a flashback or a vision of some mysterious being. Then he's on the balcony taking a swig of water and sees the light again.

I don't really see a compelling story here. Nothing new for me at least. I didn't even find it beginning to scratch the surface of anything. Just felt too loose.

Does this person have some sort of power now that he was abducted?
If he does was this intentional or just a byproduct of being abducted?
Are the beings hostile? Friendly?
Why is the light coming back at the end? Unfinished business?
What is the passing of time from when he sees the light on the street and on the balcony?
Is this the first time he's being abducted?

So many unanswered questions. Believe me, I'm a fan of ambiguous endings when done correctly. But when the entire story is ambiguous because it doesn't give you anything to grab hold of and follow, then in my opinion, that's a problem.

Just some thoughts.

Thank you very much for the review. I think you are completely right, the ambiguity was somehow over the top, as you said, in order for ambiguous to work it needs more solid bases. Check out my next film to see if I did any better. Thanks! :)

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=49679

Back