• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Film - "Chinese Opera Boy"

Hi Guys,

Today I would like to invite everyone to watch my graduation short film “Chinese Opera Boy”.

Chinese Opera Boy (WONG Yuen-yin, Clara/ 23’ 46’‘/ in Cantonese with Chinese and English subtitles) is about a high school student who chooses to be an apprentice of a Chinese opera maestro instead of studying in England. Before learning how to sing, he needs to learn a life lesson.

VIA YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0unRT2LkU&feature=player_embedded

Please feel free to make public comments regarding any issues or even positive aspects of the production

If you like the film please support me by liking my youtube page.

Thank You for taking the time to visit my thread!

Regards

Clara Wong
se7en.hk@gmail.com

Last edited:
Okay, so I watched the first few minutes. This looks really intriguing. Tonight isn't the night for me to watch the whole thing, but I'm definitely going to check it out some time this week. Right off the bat, your lead actor demanded my attention, and your overrall production value seems quite nice. I look forward to watching this one.

Very nice work.

One small point...I don't know what priority you give to the subtitles and reaching an english speaking audience, but you might want your proofer or proofers to give the subtitles another going over. There are a few missteps in the grammar department...but no big. On the other hand, given the care you've given the rest of the production, I'm sure that you'll agree that you want your audiences to see that you cared enough to get the subtitles right. Spelling and grammar matter. They tell an audience how serious you are and how seriously you should be taken.

I agree with CF that your lead is compelling...as are your other actors.
I guess one of the things I liked about your story is the mother's intervention on behalf of her son, even though it's not really what she wanted for him. It was touching.

I definately "liked" it on youtube.

Last edited:
Okay, so I watched the first few minutes. This looks really intriguing. Tonight isn't the night for me to watch the whole thing, but I'm definitely going to check it out some time this week. Right off the bat, your lead actor demanded my attention, and your overrall production value seems quite nice. I look forward to watching this one.

Thank you for your interest and hope you will enjoy this short film.

Very nice work.

One small point...I don't know what priority you give to the subtitles and reaching an english speaking audience, but you might want your proofer or proofers to give the subtitles another going over. There are a few missteps in the grammar department...but no big. On the other hand, given the care you've given the rest of the production, I'm sure that you'll agree that you want your audiences to see that you cared enough to get the subtitles right. Spelling and grammar matter. They tell an audience how serious you are and how seriously you should be taken.

I agree with CF that your lead is compelling...as are your other actors.
I guess one of the things I liked about your story is the mother's intervention on behalf of her son, even though it's not really what she wanted for him. It was touching.

I definately "liked" it on youtube.

Thank you very much for your comment. In fact, we treasure audiences, and have worked very hard on the subtitles. However, our mother language is not English, so the English subtitle might not be good enough for native English speaking audiences. If you don't mind, please let me know which lines have problem and we shall make an effort to correct them.

If you like this short film, feel free to share it with your friends, thank you once again ~!

you know what.... DAMN...

to be honest with ya... as it started... i started to laugh... because i wasnt sure what to expect...

but the more i watched it... more i feel extremely sorry for laughing... DAMN GOOD WORK...

honestly... a boring concept for me... truly...i read this "about a high school student who chooses to be an apprentice of a Chinese opera maestro instead of studying in England. Before learning how to sing, he needs to learn a life lesson." and i was not excited at all...

but the main character is seriously gripping... i just kept watching wanting to see what he was so excited about at the get go... and it made since... he was truly excited about being an opera star...

so... in short...

if you didnt see this yet because it sounds lame (sorry man but for a texans point of view... if it doesnt have guns and violence... why would it be good) YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS...

it is good... watching him learn the table jump sit technique was pretty humorous too... great job man

you know what.... DAMN...

to be honest with ya... as it started... i started to laugh... because i wasnt sure what to expect...

but the more i watched it... more i feel extremely sorry for laughing... DAMN GOOD WORK...

honestly... a boring concept for me... truly...i read this "about a high school student who chooses to be an apprentice of a Chinese opera maestro instead of studying in England. Before learning how to sing, he needs to learn a life lesson." and i was not excited at all...

but the main character is seriously gripping... i just kept watching wanting to see what he was so excited about at the get go... and it made since... he was truly excited about being an opera star...

so... in short...

if you didnt see this yet because it sounds lame (sorry man but for a texans point of view... if it doesnt have guns and violence... why would it be good) YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS...

it is good... watching him learn the table jump sit technique was pretty humorous too... great job man

Thank you very much for your comment. If you like this short film, feel free to share it with your friends ~!
Actually this is my film school graduation project, resource was very limited.
I really hope that one day I can have an opportunity to get into the film industry to make some damn good films.

That was fantastic! Terrific work!

There are a few minor instances of improper English. I didn't write them down, but I can take a look again, if you want. It was only a few times, and nothing major.

Back