Sex Offenders everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of a friend came out of a bar in downtown Santa Barbara, drunk, then urinated in an alley near the bar. Cops arrested him, charged him with Indecent Exposure. Courts now have registered him as a sex offender. Apparently this is common now. Does this sound right? Is this the goofy world now?

Friend of a friend? :hmm:

Btw, that was the running gag throughout Horrible Bosses movie... one of the mains having to register for taking a leak in the park at night after bars let out.

Friend of a friend? :hmm:

Btw, that was the running gag throughout Horrible Bosses movie... one of the mains having to register for taking a leak in the park at night after bars let out.

I know, sounds like a line. It was actually my niece's boyfriend's friend. I didn't believe him but my bro in law said he was contesting a traffic ticket at the courthouse and saw a group of guys all being charged with it too.

btw, once I pulled over on the FWY to piss and a CHP stopped to see if there was a problem. He caught me, but chuckled and advised me to be a little more discreet next time. That's how it should be right? In what universe does peeing make one a sex offender?

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!
helen-lovejoy-pic.jpg

I think making people register for taking a piss as a sex offender is extreme and should not be done. The States that do that are crazy. Give the guy a ticket but don't label him as a sex offender. Amazing how crazy things are getting now days. My grandpa used to say let the pee fly free where ever you be. I always thought that was a good saying. ha.... Sure try to do it where people don't see you. But this new law of labeling a person as a sex offender for peeing is crazy.

There is probably more to the story here. People lie. Better to check the trial transcripts or the plea bargain details. Anecdotes without sources is akin to watching FOX News -- they only serve to rile the uneducated masses with misinformation.

Last edited:
There is probably more to the story here. People lie. Better to check the trial transcripts or the plea bargain details. Anecdotes without sources is akin to watching FOX News -- they only serve to rile the uneducated masses with misinformation.

You can see from this thread, three different sources saying the exact same thing about how the law works.

Our laws are mainly written by politicians and they don't care about justice or fairness, only re election and money.

I was unaware that chickens are off limits, goats too !! Who would have thought. Im sadly forced to call the SPCA twice before I even travel to another county....Ok just kidding.

HOWEVER...
I did once get caught whizzin in the wind in an alley by an angry Houston Police Officer back in the early 80's. That was when the HPD was brutal and loved their reputation for beating people.. It was a buzzkill.

HOWEVER...
I did once get caught whizzin in the wind in an alley by an angry Houston Police Officer back in the early 80's. That was when the HPD was brutal and loved their reputation for beating people.. It was a buzzkill.

I was surfing in Mexico a few years ago and met a female Houston cop, she was a total babe.

I was surfing in Mexico a few years ago and met a female Houston cop, she was a total babe.

When I did my first movie, I met an ex Houston Cop and years later I made a friend who is also an ex Houston Cop.....well let me tell you that BOTH are the biggest stoners I have ever met in my life. Both are cool & non violent but hey, they LOVE the buds !

It was an interesting thing for me being chased by so many Houston cops back in the 70's. Nothing major, but I was a wild one.

You can see from this thread, three different sources saying the exact same thing about how the law works.

Our laws are mainly written by politicians and they don't care about justice or fairness, only re election and money.

Huh? That is your proof? Nobody prior to your post (quoted above) posted any facts about how why the Santa Barbara guy got put on the sex offenders registry. Only hearsay about how the law "works". Remember, we are talking about the incident in your first post.

How do you know the Santa Barbara guy didn't deliberately pee with underage girls watching? Or this was his third violation and he was on probation?
---------------

Zen steve said:
, it does not differentiate between real predators and the type of men he [ex cop] recalls arresting for urinating in public

Ahh, he's talking about ARRESTS -- he did not name one single person CONVICTED and added to the SEXUAL OFFENDER'S REGISTRY for just peeing in public. He was a cop and arresting people is what he does.

Yes, urinating in public is against the law and there were likely convictions, however, no proof has been provided that a person busted on that one offense with a clear record and no minors present was added to a sexual offender's registry.

That one vague comment -- an anecdote -- is the ONLY thing in the article having to do with public urination -- the rest of the article has to do with housing sexual offenders -- and I agree, its a big problem.

And yes, making things more black and white in the language is also good.

Last edited:
Huh? That is your proof? Nobody prior to your post (quoted above) posted any facts about how why the Santa Barbara guy got put on the sex offenders registry. Only hearsay about how the law "works". Remember, we are talking about the incident in your first post.

How do you know the Santa Barbara guy didn't deliberately pee with underage girls watching? Or this was his third violation and he was on probation?
---------------

Ahh, he's talking about ARRESTS -- he did not name one single person CONVICTED and added to the SEXUAL OFFENDER'S REGISTRY for just peeing in public. He was a cop and arresting people is what he does.

Yes, urinating in public is against the law and there were likely convictions, however, no proof has been provided that a person busted on that one offense with a clear record and no minors present was added to a sexual offender's registry.

That one vague comment -- an anecdote -- is the ONLY thing in the article having to do with public urination -- the rest of the article has to do with housing sexual offenders -- and I agree, its a big problem.

And yes, making things more black and white in the language is also good.

Put the shovel down and slowly step away from it. You're digging yourself into a hole again...

Can't you guys just hold it until you can get to a bathroom like us girls have to?

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, being registered as a sex offender is disproportionate to the crime. And I'm all for operating on a moral basis rather than a legal one (don't kill not because it's illegal, but because it's not right. Drive at the speed you feel safe driving at, but if it's over the limit, accept that you DID break the law and pay your fine, etc).

However, on that note, would you want someone peeing on your house? Do you want to walk down a street that smells of urine? Can't you just go BEFORE you leave the bar?

On one hand the laws should be clear so everyone knows what the rules are. On the other, if you just think about your behaviour rather than the laws, it shouldn't be that much of a problem!

You know, there's a town somewhere in Europe (iirc) that experimented with removing all traffic signs. It has been a major success, people tend to drive more slowly and carefully and there are less accidents. The theory being that when we are not 'trusting' the signs to tell us what to do, we become more aware/pay more attention to our surroundings and behavior. Kinda cool.

How come dogs can pee on you lawn and it's cute? What's the big deal here folks.

Judges and politicians just love adding notches in their belts. Unfortunately they destroy lives on their way to higher and more powerful offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back