set your Tascam (or Zoom) to stun!

screen-shot-2014-01-14-at-4-33-25-pm.png

I'm calling it a GripPod :D

After scouring the web for a hand grip for my Tascam audio recorder, this one looked too cool not to buy. Flips out into a tripod with adjustable tilt, then collapses into a grip, turning your recorder into a phaser! :P

on Amazon for under $15 or so.

I think my h4n actually came with a screw in grip like that. Mini tripod's more useful though, I used to have one from REI that had a velcro strap too so you could mount it to poles, etc easily.

When you want to perch a fairly hefty piece of equipment that cost more than a decent used car from something slick and round, $100.00 doesn't seem like such a bad investment.
True.
I just don't see that scenario happening enough to justify $100, lovely as the product is.

Seems like there'd be more economical options.

True.
I just don't see that scenario happening enough to justify $100, lovely as the product is.

Seems like there'd be more economical options.

I use mine fairly regularly to secure cameras to things that aren't meant to have cameras mounted to them and aren't smooth or flat enough for a suction mount to be used.

I stand corrected. :)

See, having someone such as yourself with active practical experience is worlds apart better than my "ain't there yet" supposition. :yes:

For me, it worth the money for the peace of mind that my gear won't come loose from whatever I hook it to. Because I have it, I am always finding other things to do with it. For instance, I use it to clamp a second (B) camera to my mobile tripod so that I can get two perspectives from each take.

Back