• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Sense of Light" short (Ooh, it's art!)

After seeing some incoherent art film unfairly win a competition at a local film fest, beating out much better films that actually followed the rules of the fest, I decided to see if I could make something artsy (with a tinge of sarcasm added in).

Just shot this with my iPhone in a few minutes and threw it together during my lunch break one day. I've already heard some local artsy filmmakers say they recognized my stunning juxtaposition of love and hate (???). Umm, ok. Guess you can find meaning wherever you want. My only intention was to communicate this: "Look at me! I can shoot random stuff in my house in black-and-white and call it art!", which is what I thought of the film that won. And no, I was not competing in that fest. I just found it irritating that they awarded money to a film that was about as meaningless as mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pote5zHeqJA

I have nothing against true artistic films that actually communicate well. My film, however, is not one of them!

Some iPhone film fest found it on Vimeo and entered it in their competition. I feel honored :D

hahah. Dude i'm totally with you on that. i've seen too many of those artsy films that have absolutely no purpose or being. That's one of the reasons i left Columbia Chicago, that's ALL i saw from the students and teachers. i was the one making the more "hollywood" type films, ones that tell a coherant story.

Thanks. It was edited in Final Cut Pro using Magic Bullet Looks. Needed more precision to cut this exquisite piece of art. :D

Back