Self - Learning Screenwriter

Hi my name is Zoe and I am self - learning all that I can about screenwriting just as a hobby and nothing more. I haven't wrritten anything, apart from a logline ( which I find a tedious job). I hope that I will find the support and encouragement that will help me eventually write a completed script.

Last edited:
And I always write the logline last :)

Sound advice. I may not be a screenwriter, but I've read my share of scripts, enough to know that a solid script goes through many permutations before it heads into preproduction, where it will go through even more revisions. As a "creative" - musician, arranger, producer, engineer, sound editor, sound designer - I've learned several important lessons, one of which is you must learn to kill your "babies."

Welcome to IndieTalk!
And I always write the logline last :)
I don't know why I put I write the logline first in there to be honest. I know that now 🙄after when I was critiqued. Feel kind of stupid but thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:
Sound advice. I may not be a screenwriter, but I've read my share of scripts, enough to know that a solid script goes through many permutations before it heads into preproduction, where it will go through even more revisions. As a "creative" - musician, arranger, producer, engineer, sound editor, sound designer - I've learned several important lessons, one of which is you must learn to kill your "babies."
Thank you for the sound advice and welcome.

moved to a village near Ennis

In that case, chances are at least one of my relatives has crossed paths with you! I have a cousin-in-law who works at Shannon and lives in Ennis :secret: and various other in-laws, out-laws and cousins once-, twice- and three-times removed who traipse along the road from Ennis to Kilkee quite regularly.

Back