SDXC help please...

So I just bought a brand spanking new, $100, 64GB SDXC Class 10 card to replace my 32GB SDHC Class 10 after a tragic accident on Splash Mountain... This card is for my personal Panasonic AG-HMC-80. I pop in this new card thinking it's going to work right off the bat. I warm-up the black beast! (Girlfriends Nickname for my camera) As soon as the LCD lights up, it says check card. The read/write speed of this card and the last are exactly the same. What am I doing wrong? My camera writes at 24mb/s, the package on this card said 25mb/s so in theory it should work, considering the last card had the same speed, allegedly. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong...

So I just bought a brand spanking new, $100, 64GB SDXC Class 10 card to replace my 32GB SDHC Class 10 after a tragic accident on Splash Mountain... This card is for my personal Panasonic AG-HMC-80. I pop in this new card thinking it's going to work right off the bat. I warm-up the black beast! (Girlfriends Nickname for my camera) As soon as the LCD lights up, it says check card. The read/write speed of this card and the last are exactly the same. What am I doing wrong? My camera writes at 24mb/s, the package on this card said 25mb/s so in theory it should work, considering the last card had the same speed, allegedly. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong...

This is a dumb question, but did you format the card first?

I formatted it. I called my tech support and he said to call Panasonic. Panasonic said they'd call me back tomorrow when they got the answer. I can't find anything online about SDXC compatibility with the HMC line and no one else seems to know. Right now it's a plastic piece of junk sitting on my desk collecting dust.

ouch, that hurts..

Recording Media*:
- SD Memory Card : 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB (FAT12, FAT16)
- SDHC Memory Card : 4 GB, 6 GB, 8 GB, 12 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB (FAT32)
*SDHC/SD Memory Card (8 MB to 32 GB) can be used for storing/reading scene file and user file, and reading metadata. SDXC Memory Cards cannot be used with this product.

Back