• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Scripts Aspirants should Read!

Read as many as you can for the learning process. Why not start with your favorite films? For entertainment, see the flick itself. A screenplay is a blueprint.

Read as many as you can for the learning process. Why not start with your favorite films? For entertainment, see the flick itself. A screenplay is a blueprint.

Yeah I am reading as many as I can. But there are many classic scripts unknown to me, that's what I want to read. Many non-english movies are there. :(

Personally speaking, I would like to read scripts for films that had a very unique filmmaking process (editing/shot-wise) or messed with time, to see how they were written. Like Duel, or Memento.

Personally speaking, I would like to read scripts for films that had a very unique filmmaking process (editing-wise) or messed with time, to see how they were written. Like Duel, or Memento.

I am exactly searching for this type of movies. I don't want to read anymore straight-forward movie scripts.

I've read the memento script.
Movies which have a different treatment styles.

You should read the Eternal Sunshine script, if you are interested in unorthodox storytelling styles. It's interesting to see the changes implemented between the shooting script and the final cut.

I enjoy reading adaptations along with their book source to get a feel for what is changed/dropped and why.

I always save reading the script for after I've seen the movie, especially if there's anything in the film I'd like to study further than just watching it or checking out some behind the scenes featurettes. I try to go for as many perspectives on a particularly gripping film as possible, and the script can certainly be one of those perspectives.

Back