• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Script Reading Services?

I'm trying to find a good screenplay reading service or script reader to give us coverage on our script.

I've only really looked at Screenplay Readers. The reviews don't look so hot and although we know we need objective criticism from a professional, we are a little weary of emailing it over to a service unless they come highly recommended.

I'd also just like to say, Screenplay Readers may be a great service. It's hard to tell from reviews because if they're doing their job, they probably have a lot of angry customers.

Anyone have a service or individual they'd recommend?

BTW, we've already had coverage from one reader I'd recommend to anyone. A truly smart, on the mark script reader (covered over 1000 scripts for IFP). Her script coverage and criticisms were dead on and an invaluable help. PM me.

Last edited:
Join a screenwriters site, script-swap, get feedback - and here's the good part: because you're reading their work, you can assess how well they understand/execute the craft, thus can determine how valid their feedback is.
BUT, a valid point is a valid point regardless of who it comes from. You may have to get a lot of reads before you find one or two writers who can both knock out good work and provide good notes, but TREASURE THEM when you do. Make sure that you keep in touch, swap other scripts, because you'll grow together.

Back