Sci-Fi Movie Idea Based On Existing Movies

I am currently in the process of designing my very own 3D Godzilla character for my first film. Toho Studios owns all rights to Godzilla however I have discovered a small loop hole that will allow me to freely produce and publish with however limited earnings. I have pretty much a budget of $0.00 and I am using nothing but freeware applications such as Blender 3D and Audacity. I will be glad to receive some "free"lance help in modeling and animation.

I will be glad to receive some "free"lance help in modeling and animation.

Lance help is very expensive, it might be hard to find someone willing to provide you with assistance with your lance for free. :lol:

I keed, I keed.

Why Godzilla specifically? Shouldn't be too much trouble to make a monster based loosely off the t-rex body shape and it be different enough from the Great Green One for you to not have to worry.

Are you talking about a Godzilla fan film? If so and if you are not releasing it for money, then I don't see too much trouble. If you are just planning on using Godzilla in your own film and plan on selling that....trouble. Loophole or not, you're likely to get sued. Even if you win it could get expensive and time consuming.

I'm very interested in this loophole your two lawyer
friends checked out. Would you please tell us what
this loophole is?

Back