• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch School Football Video

Deinterlace your footage before uploading, to get rid of those lines you see during the fast action.

Lots of action shots, but nothing that identifies what's going on.

Who vs. who, score changes, player identification, etc can all be easily done with titles and give useful information to the viewer. Adding audio of the coach yelling from the sidelines maybe? (lol or Churchill's fight them on the beaches speech)

Could have used some shots of the cheering crowd (I'll assume your team has one ;))

What's it going to be used for? Dozens of extra ideas will probably come to mind, knowing what the target audience is.

You're the school videographer? Right on. :cool:

Nice job, some of the shots were a bit under exposed.. I know how it's hard/annoying to shoot a football game at night without major lights though so I feel your pain.

Try to color correct all the footage so it matches a bit more.. and like zensteve said, identify who it is and whatnot... half the fun in football is close games and players who pull of huge plays (like this) to change the score...

But like zensteve said, if it's just a sizzle reel.. it's cool. Could use some graphics and stuff too... if it's meant as a season video for the team, why not make it longer and take more shots of each game... maybe show the scoring plays of each game? Show the teams major leaps through the season and in playoffs... could be fun.

#24 needs to wrap up the ball, #7 needs to stop arm-tackling, and #89 needs to drop his butt lower in his stance.

Oh, wait, you probably wanted video critiques. Just kidding.

Overrall, I think you did a pretty good edit, and you've got some nice shots. Zensteve, I actually think this is just fine without any scores, or info about what's going on, cuz I kinda get the impression that this is only intended to be a fun musical montage, to show us how awesome this team is, maybe get everybody hyped.

If that impression is correct, here's what I think needs to be changed. It's too sluggish, and I think there are two reasons for this. First, I assume you really like this song, but I really think you need something much more up-tempo. Much more up-tempo. Keep it lively, and let your cuts reflect that high-tempo of the music. And that's the second problem I see. Many of those shots start too early, and end too late. Even a split-second makes a difference. I would recommend pushing your edits to the limit -- see how short you can cut each shot to, and keep cutting shorter, until it's just too dang short, then move it back to something just a tad longer.

Back