Scam! - Warning - Scam!

This is to inform you all of a scam. This community needs to know about this. Here's a little background. I was working with a writer who actually met this investor. This made it seem pretty damn legit to me.. Here is the letter of "Interest" instead of INTENT...

Please take great notice of the name, address, and phone number as well. After much research, I discovered that this address has been used in many scams. No matter how legit they seem, do not do business with these people. :no:

===========================================================================
Rajjab and son investment Limited
No15 Adediran St. ,Oke-Itunu
Ibadan, Oyo-state
Nigeria. 23402

LETTER OF INTEREST

On behalf of all of the Organization of Rajjab and son investment Limited I Mr Stephen George, the chairman of Rajjab and son investment Limited. Is intent in investing in [OMITTED] next film [OMITTED] a horror Thriller. I Mr. Stephen George understand there is no guarantee for R.O.I or profit, I also am willing to bear all risks involved in the production. Including the loss of our initial $2,000,000 investment in film. Our investment company Rajjab and son investment Limited has invested in over 18 films in Nigeria and Ghana. Though all the films haven’t reached audiences outside Africa, and not all returned investment. We were able to learn better investment strategies on scripts and personal. Once again, I Mr. Stephen George as the Chairman of Rajjab and son investment Limited, fully accept and willing to bear all potential risk and financial loss. I hope, that after you and your Company read this letter will accept our investment in the film of [OMITTED] and help us produce this film with [OMITTED] .

This letter of interest is to provided you a written commitment from me Mr. Stephen George Chairmen of Rajjab and son investment Limited that we intend to Invest in the film [OMITTED] And willing to bear all potential risk and Financial loss. I personally wish to thank you on behalf of everyone at Rajjab and son investment Limited for taking the time to Consider as a Investment partner.

X_Stephen George_______________
Stephen George
234-803-817-6888
========================================================================

:no:
:grumpy:

Interesting info. Thanks.

Do you have any idea how the scam works? It's just I've not seen this one before.

My office has had several scam emails from Nigeria. Most work as follows you get a letter explaining some situation in which you can benefit. After you agree they ask you to show good faith by sending them a token amount to prove your sincerity. You'll be cold and covered in cob webs before you'll ever see your bene's.

I don't remember any of the actual letters, but if I'll make up a similar scenario. I am a local Nigerian businessman who bought bearer bonds in Microsoft 20 years ago, but my government does not know this. I will be immigrating to the US in next month and need someone to receive and cash these for me or my government will confiscate all proceeds. I am willing to give you 10% of the value at which they are cashed. Last week they were worth about 20 million US dollars. I had a friend at our embassy who was to help me, but he was recalled just this week. If you could help me, please respond to this email quickly as I am desparate in need of help.

After you respond they ask you to wire him $5000 so that a friend at his bank can verify who you are. After all he is about to send you $20 million in bearer bonds (yeah, right!) and he would like to have some show of good faith. Besides you're about to make a fast $2 million and it'll only cost you $5000. You wire it and three weeks later you'll be able to see a ton of footprints on your rear from all the times you've kicked youself for being sooooooo stupid.

yea... I know about those types of scams... but the real kicker here is that the writer MET this dude here in the USA last year. But when I started asking about money and that things got fishy.. then I checked on the address and found other scams associated to it.

Trusting anything foreign these days is tough. List a car for sale on the internet. Someone wil email you and say they want to buy it for the asking price and doesn't need details of the car. Their "friend" owes them money can they send you a check for double the asking price and you wire the money to them as soon as you recieve the "certified check" which obviouly never clears thru your bank.

These scams are common & well known to law enforcement. You can see some information about them here: http://www.nigerianscam.com/

A similar scam is the 'Dutch Lottery', where you get a letter or email saying that you've won a lottery & need to provide some information (usually your bank account info) to collect the 'prize' (usually the emptying of your bank account).

I get a lot of emails from Investors in Nigeria claiming to have got an inheritance and wanting to go in business with you to start up a company. Or, they want to share a secret about their new oil field or something they need an investment before they can run their company and guarentee a huge profit......The email above is exactly what they all look like. And of course they are scams!

-Cam

Bwahahahaha! Dang...initial Loss of $2,000000. Ha! They don't make movies with $200,000.00 in Nigeria not to talk about $2,000,000. 00. This gotta be the dumbest scam I have ever seen.

Last edited:
LOL Well the guy fell for it... And sucked me in too...

He met the guys in Boston and they seemed legit. They exec produced movies in Australia and Europe. The talent and movie biz in Africa wasn't getting them a turn around so they were in USA on a business trip when he my the guy I was working with...

So the guy had the awesome script, found a producer and needed funding and contacted his 2 business contacts. When I saw they were from Nigeria I instantly thought this guy was being scammed. So I started to push these guys and they broke.

Thought I'd let you all know.

I've always had emails about someone needing some help because there is $45,000,000USD in an account that can only be taken out by someone in the USA, blah blah blah... but never had I heard the movie angle.

The thing that got me sucked in was that the guy met them in Boston.

CootDog said:
LOL Well the guy fell for it... And sucked me in too...

He met the guys in Boston and they seemed legit. They exec produced movies in Australia and Europe. The talent and movie biz in Africa wasn't getting them a turn around so they were in USA on a business trip when he my the guy I was working with...

So the guy had the awesome script, found a producer and needed funding and contacted his 2 business contacts. When I saw they were from Nigeria I instantly thought this guy was being scammed. So I started to push these guys and they broke.

Thought I'd let you all know.

I've always had emails about someone needing some help because there is $45,000,000USD in an account that can only be taken out by someone in the USA, blah blah blah... but never had I heard the movie angle.

The thing that got me sucked in was that the guy met them in Boston.

LOL...in that case they musta done their homework pretty well. Usually there's little or no physical contact...hehehehe...I guess they were trying to upgrade their modus operandi.

LizaTrainer said:
This is all you need to know, Nigeria, that is where all the big scams come from.

I don't think so. there are 'More deadly scammers' from other places hanging around, these fellas are the 'high tech' scammers and the funny part is people don't even know they've been scammed 'cause a lot of money is usually not involved...they make u part with just $1.00 and when you don't see the fulfilment of their bargain...you will just shake your head and forget it 'cause let's face it, you don't have time to run after somebody because a friggin buck. Haha,,,but we forget that they do the same stuff to millions of people AND WE ALWAYS LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT.

They usually come as product trial, e-book subscription, work from home/fire your boss and so on and so forth. The funniest one ( I dunno if it is funny but I LOMFA when I remember that) was some affiliate program that sucked me in back in 2002. It cost me about $59.00 to enlist (yeah it was actually a monthly stuff) but guess what I saw in my bank account after one month of business...? $5.78...! Bwahahahaha...what a perfect investment...with $59.99, you make a COOl $5.78 :lol: To cut the story short I deactivated my card cause my bank said they can't stop 'em from taking the dough.

The only thing about the Nigerian scammers is they stand out like a sore thumb in the sea of thumbs cause they want to nake the 'kill' in one swoop...the eye popping sims involved makes them stand out among the scammers. There are scammers who have perfected the trade that it no longer looks like a scam (not to me 'cause i have been scammed by these people in the past when I was broke so long that I can smell one from 1000000000 miles). We all just need to be careful and don't try to make money overnight...if you're are broke just run away from all these too good to be true make-your-money-fire-your-boss bull$#@. You're better off with your soup noodles and burrito.

Yea... I know Nigeria = SCAMS

When the guy told me he had an investor I was like cool... I didn't ask any questions. Then it was time to get the letters of intent from the investors and producer and all that.. When the writer gave me the letter of intent and it said Nigeria I was like wholley shit! This ain't real..
Then I did a search on the address and name which were both involved in multiple scamms, including EBAY scams. When I told this to the writer, he insisted that it's not a scam because he met them so he set up a chat online. I knew it was a scam from the get-go so I was messn' with them. They ended up agreeing to put $500,000 in earnest money into an account in the US. After that chat... they were gone. And the writer learned his lesson.

However, eventhough the production totally fell through. I've heard that he's working with the same producer on a lower budgeted movie and are quite far in the pre-pro phase. So from the fire grows life.

Back