• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

link SARDON -Horror Shortfilm

Hi!

a friend and I made a no budget horror short film together.
It's our first project ever.
It's in German, but with English subtitles.
We would be very happy to receive feedback so that we can improve even further.
For upcoming projects we have already some requests from some supporters.
we hope you will enjoy it.
Thank you so much!

SARDON

I wouldn't have guessed this is your first project ever. it looks more polished than that.
You're ahead of the curve !

I thought it was great! Nice little concept and I could see it working in a feature film if you wanted to expand it further. Not really sure of any specific recommendations for improvement. Acting could perhaps be taken up a notch to build more tension but that's a minor observation. Really good effort.

I echo SFoster, would never have guessed it was a first project, it's better than a lot of shorts I've watched recently both in terms of story and execution.

thank you guys! Yes, the acting could be better because i´m Tom in the film ;) i´m not really a good actor but we had nobody else that weekend.
Directing and acting was a really bad idea.
I also got flu at the beginning of the shoot...that was a hell of a Weekend!

Last edited:
thank you guys! Yes, the acting could be better because i´m Tom in the film ;) i´m not really a good actor but we had nobody else that weekend.
Directing and acting was a really bad idea.
I also got flu at the beginning of the shoot...that was a hell of a Weekend!
Oops, sorry man. I thought you were great, definitely the best actor in the movie ;).

Really enjoyed the film though, it was a bit like a cross between the movies Time Lapse and Unfriended.

Oops, sorry man. I thought you were great, definitely the best actor in the movie ;).

Really enjoyed the film though, it was a bit like a cross between the movies Time Lapse and Unfriended.
Haha thanks!

I think i have to watch timeline! :)

Thanks!
Another thing I liked was your use of light (and darkness, especially outside).
How much added light vs ambient light did you use?
At what point in the process were you making the lighting decisions? Did you decide in preproduction on on the go for every shot?
Sorry for all the questions but you posted on Indietalk :D

We use only the ambient light. We were only a two team and we wanted to avoid sources of error as much as possible.
But we had a lot of dimmable light in that House and in the garden and we had a testshoot of all scenes few days before

Back