• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch RUN! A short film

Same as the showdown. There's no story. And you really need to try and do your own music, if you plan to do anyhting with your films.

No story, no connection to the character(s).

Nothing especially interesting visually.

The audio levels were ridiculously low.

No Foley or other interesting sound work.

The music was being used to force emotions that were not there.

Overall, pretty pointless.

So what's going on in this?
A man walking. Then he runs. Then some guy following him in the middle of a crowded street chases him. Shoots him?

David,

I don't want to pile on here, but... as an audience member first and a fellow filmmaker second, please start considering STORY and CONTENT before shooting your next short. It will only serve you well in the long run.

If you don't have any ideas, find a screenwriter who has a few pages that suit your production capabilities and resources.

I understand the filmmaking learning curve as I have been there before many years ago -- and I'm still learning. We all are. But maybe begin the next project by asking yourself why you want to make these films and what you're trying to accomplish.

Clearly you are putting some effort into these films and that's a start. Now find a way to tell a story that has some depth to it, something that an audience can bite into, something of substance. Do some studying and learn about structure, theme and voice.

What's worth doing is worth doing well. Set the bar a little higher for the next one. :)

My two cents.

Happy movie making to you!

Back