Room 237

I've heard abt Room 237 but hadn't seen the trailer. I hope it's better than one of those tv shows where they make a controversial assumption which doesn't have much basis but gives you something to make a tv show about for the next hour.

I keep an open mind so I will watch it but my expectations are not high. Hopefully, I'm surprised with something interesting and worthwhile.

Kubrick, Coppola and Hitchcock are my top 3 directors, all for very different reasons btw.

Kubrick's Boxes is an amazing look into the man. PM me if you haven't been able to find a copy and I'll send you one.

One of Stephen Kings best early books and Nicklesons best movies.

:yes:

I hope it's better than one of those tv shows where they make a controversial assumption which doesn't have much basis but gives you something to make a tv show about for the next hour.

I have the same reservation and I'll also give it the benefit of the doubt until I take a look.

Also Stanley Kubrick's Boxes.

Hmmm... I'm not certain I have seen this...

PM me if you haven't been able to find a copy and I'll send you one.

Consider this a PM!

Is it possible that The Shining may be the finest horror film ever made? I know this is a debatable topic from many angles, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't found in the top three of every "Scariest Horror Films" list. :eek:

Looks good. I wanna see it too.

"...hidden meanings."

?

Of course, the film is the film, and not the book. The question is, what is the meaning that the film had for Kubrick, or what meaning did he intended it to have, not King. But, King was unhappy that it wasn't about alcoholism, as he intended the story to be about, apparently.

Is it possible that The Shining may be the finest horror film ever made? I know this is a debatable topic from many angles, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't found in the top three of every "Scariest Horror Films" list. :eek:

Seems quite possible. Although, there are other heavyweight contenders, right? Alien, for one.

Trip down memory lane. Other threads that have been about Stanely Kubricks Boxes that folks might like to reread:

JayBird's 2011 Stanely Kubrick's Boxes

Spinner's 2008 Stanely Kubrick's Boxes

Last edited:
ah, thanks for those links. I do remember the more recent one.

yeah, it's my understanding that Kubrick played the creative license card with his interpretation of King's source material. I need to go back and reread that one!

Alien would certainly be up there. :yes:

Back