• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Ridiculous Video

Alright, so this is a video I did for fun, and I realize it's pretty over the top. However, I used it as an opportunity to mess with my exposure and color grading. I have had problems in the past with a lot of scenes coming out too dark and grainy, so I tried to work on that in this video, particularly in the building where conditions where some what low light. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjBD1jRf88s

I like the absolute absurdity of it. The color and lighting could be more consistent. The oustide was a little to bright and the inside shots were a little dark. The cuts could be a little tighter and some of the quick cuts felt out of place. The video felt like it ran longer than needed. Some of the camera movement was good, some wasn’t so great.

I see comedic potential. This disco character could be a funny recurring thing where you dance and pelvic thrust in public places, like at your local McDonald's.

It also made me do the Night at the Roxbury head bobbing thing

Thanks for all of your responses. As for the comedic character thing, I have considered using him again, but I don't have the sand to do that kind of stuff in too public of places haha. I might have when I was in high school.

Thanks for all of your responses. As for the comedic character thing, I have considered using him again, but I don't have the sand to do that kind of stuff in too public of places haha. I might have when I was in high school.

Awww...:(

That would have been really entertaining to watch.

i really liked the energy that you created with the moving camera around 2 or 3 minutes in. Just an idea but i wonder how it would have been if all that energy was used to build up to a costume change or something.. the song is so long that the video would likely benefit from some sort of progression and building to something

I'm assuming everyone here has seen the Christopher Walken Fatboy Slim video

Last edited:
I know, the song is super long. I actually think the normal version is about two minutes shorter, but I think I have the extended version. As I was editing I felt that it was way too long, but I didn't realize it was about 6 minutes. And yes, the Fat Boy Slim video is incredible, and classic. Christopher Walken has got to be one of the coolest actors in existence.

SuperMonroe: I'll check it out!

Back