Resisting a fan fiction urge

Pretty good script, I liked it.

There were a few moments where I had to reread a few lines to get my head around what was going on, but I'm sure that on the screen it'll all be much clearer. Either that, or I'm just having a hard time reading tonight.

How long do you think this will take you to shoot, edit, etc. and get it up online?

Possibly the lines weren't clear enough, it's just a first draft. What lines were reread?

I'm not going to shoot this until march. Hopefully in one weekend if the schedules come together correctly. Then release in april.

Page 3, Daniel's first line should be "How could you possibly know that?" instead of "How could you possibly you know that?"

That was the only actual mistake though.

Now that I read it again I didn't have any trouble, apart from on page 5 when Daniel appears in the room, I assume the girl looks at him, looks back at Lestat, sees his fangs, runs to the door, but then "Daniel appears" ... does this mean she didn't see him appear at first? Maybe I'm reading it wrong...

And yeah you're right, it is a first draft, and a good one at that :)

I like the repeating scene structure, that in itself is a good comedy device.

Page 3, Daniel's first line should be "How could you possibly know that?" instead of "How could you possibly you know that?"

That was the only actual mistake though.

Now that I read it again I didn't have any trouble, apart from on page 5 when Daniel appears in the room, I assume the girl looks at him, looks back at Lestat, sees his fangs, runs to the door, but then "Daniel appears" ... does this mean she didn't see him appear at first? Maybe I'm reading it wrong...

And yeah you're right, it is a first draft, and a good one at that :)

I like the repeating scene structure, that in itself is a good comedy device.

By appears in front of her I was going for a teleport effect. When vampires move faster than the eye can see. Yeah I can fix both those mistakes, thanks for the proof read :D

Edge of Tomorrow was my favorite movie from 2014. They did actually get quite a few laughs with the repeating scene structure come to think of it. Great point.

Oh okay, that makes sense then.

I'm not gonna lie, this is one of the first scripts I've ever read, so I'm not attuned to them just yet haha.

I should really see Edge of Tomorrow...

By the way, have fun getting all those attractive blondes and brunettes who wanna get bitten on the neck ;) Although I'm sure they'll enjoy having it done by the Cruise doppelganger :lol:

Oh okay, that makes sense then.

I'm not gonna lie, this is one of the first scripts I've ever read, so I'm not attuned to them just yet haha.

I should really see Edge of Tomorrow...

By the way, have fun getting all those attractive blondes and brunettes who wanna get bitten on the neck ;) Although I'm sure they'll enjoy having it done by the Cruise doppelganger :lol:

:lol: That's exactly what I told cruise.
I said I wrote this script for you, it's got 8 women in 7 pages and they will be clamoring to be in a movie with tom cruise and christian slater.

Edge of tomorrow is fantastic, I had really high expectations and wasn't let down at all. They spent nearly $200 million making the thing.

Hahaha screenwriter/10

Hmm, I recently topped up my iTunes account, maybe I'll do a small movie shopping spree tonight, I guess that'll be on the list. Maybe I'll check out Grand Budapest Hotel (is that the right title?) as well, I read an article this morning that it was one of the most visually stunning movies in the past 5 years. Looking at images as well, the color grading looks on point.

*cough* Back on topic though...

Are you going to release this for free? I'm seeing the runtime at about 3-5 minutes, so I guess so, right?

Usually it works out to about a minute a page.
Plenty of fans around here of grand budapest hotel. If there is one thing that's sure to divide people it's taste in movies.

Yeah for free on youtube. If it starts to take off I'll put up Ads on it.

The most stressful project I've ever worked on lol.
It looks like the only day that is going to work is one week from today.

I'll have, at most, 7 hours to film an 8 page script with 8 actresses and 2 actors. And no rehearsals.

Last edited:
It's less exciting but I might have to reduce it to 2 actresses.
I'm not so sure I can make this happen in a day with 8 actresses.

Back