• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Reel feedback needed

Hello folks ,

It's been a year since I fell desperately in love with filmmaking and cinema.

I got my Canon T2i a little over a year ago and I've been able to make tons of connections,films,work on TV and million other cool stuff that I love to do.You guys helped me out a lot for the past year and I've made this showreel of some of the things I made in 2013.

What do you guys think about it?

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc54J0bVd2c

Well, you sure do like your blues and oranges :lol:

Looks like you've done several more things since you posted your first project here. That had the dude on the stage with the gun, if I recall correctly.

While the reel has many different components in it, it playes more like a very disjointed trailer for a single movie than a reel - probably to do with the consistently similar colour grades, and returning to the same elements several times during the course of the reel - as opposed to showcasing something, and moving on to something completely different.

It also has a frigging ad-revenue banner splashed across it. Would you sell advertising space on your business card? It looks cheap & tacky... and blocks half of the screen that's supposed to be impressing me!

Also, the video has no contact information on it. If the potential client digs it, how they gonna find ya?

Anyways, that's my thoughts. :cool:

It also has a frigging ad-revenue banner splashed across it. Would you sell advertising space on your business card? It looks cheap & tacky... and blocks half of the screen that's supposed to be impressing me!

I am sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Can you explain to me?

Thanks for your input too , I appreciate it.

I am sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Can you explain to me?

Thanks for your input too , I appreciate it.

This thing.

Attachments

• show reel with banner advert.jpg
    show reel with banner advert.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 78
Not bad! There are some fantastic shots, although many are far too similar. A majority of the shots seem to be dark (in tone) with either blue and/or orange as the main color. You have a well developed visual style, but the reel lacks in variety.

Some text would be nice as well. If I'd never seen your work, I wouldn't know if you were a director, DP, editor, colorist, etc. A couple of the shots seemed to have repeated, or perhaps they were just similar.

But anyway, nice work!

Hello folks ,

It's been a year since I fell desperately in love with filmmaking and cinema.

I got my Canon T2i a little over a year ago and I've been able to make tons of connections,films,work on TV and million other cool stuff that I love to do.You guys helped me out a lot for the past year and I've made this showreel of some of the things I made in 2013.

What do you guys think about it?

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc54J0bVd2c

It's a good looking reel. What I really, really like are the tracking shots, camera moves and colouring. Also, it looks pro. Only in a couple of places did hints of amateurism creep in. Otherwise, it looks good.

In fact, it reminds me that tomorrow, I should update mine because yours is better.

Erm, you do have rights to use the music do you...?

Some really great shots! I like your style of cinematography and grading. The reel could use some more variety though (when you'll have more material).

Back