• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Red Scarlet Test shots in 2K

Red Scarlet? no!... no one uses that anymore.. why don't you try this?

F55-transparent.png

LINK HERE:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/30/sony-goes-red-hunting-with-pmw-f55-and-pmw-f5-pro-cinealta-4k/

Or get a 550D/t2i...

Red Scarlet? no!... no one uses that anymore.. why don't you try this?

i beg to differ. Red Scarlett is from the Red family, obviously. May i remind you the hobbit is currently being filmed with a RED.

RED is Cinematic quality. t2i is commercial quality. you would just be lowering your standards.

i beg to differ. Red Scarlett is from the Red family, obviously. May i remind you the hobbit is currently being filmed with a RED.

RED is Cinematic quality. t2i is commercial quality. you would just be lowering your standards.

Are you kidding?! The canon t2i/550D is MUCH better than the Red Epic! Look at the reviews!! Look at youtube!!

T2i/550D = Cinematic
Red = old news

Man, where have you been hiding? Everybody knows this! :weird:

Are you kidding?! The canon t2i/550D is MUCH better than the Red Epic! Look at the reviews!! Look at youtube!!

T2i/550D = Cinematic
Red = old news

Riddle me this, whats the MINIMUM resolution needed to shoot a feature film project?

also,5d, t2i was made for photography. Reds for video.

There is no minimum resolution to shoot a feature film!

well apparantly i'm arguing with a rock. For web, no minimum resolution is required. doesn't matter. when you want your film to play on the silver screen, 2k is the minimum requirement.

well apparantly i'm arguing with a rock. For web, no minimum resolution is required. doesn't matter. when you want your film to play on the silver screen, 2k is the minimum requirement.

Ha! Really? Where did you learn that? Who requires 2k? Cinemas?
A few years ago before digital, when there was only film what was the minimum resolution?....:weird:

@rogypro I agree with you !

A few years ago before digital, when there was only film what was the minimum resolution?....

@Gebo Are you kidding me ? The DSLR is not the quality of the cinema!

And 4k is 4 times better then the quality of a DSLR ( 1080P ) and it shoots RAW and has 13,5 stops dynamic range.

A few years ago before digital, when there was only film what was the minimum resolution?....:weird:

35mm cinema film shoots at 2k. :) hence why its expensive.

and, i must have missed the part where my dslr shoots at 300 fps.
since according to you DSLR can do as much and more than the RED epic.

Last edited:
@rogypro I agree with you !

@Gebo Are you kidding me ? The DSLR is not the quality of the cinema!

And 4k is 4 times better then the quality of a DSLR ( 1080P ) and it shoots RAW and has 13,5 stops dynamic range.

35mm cinema film shoots at 2k. :) hence why its expensive.

and, i must have missed the part where my dslr shoots at 300 fps.
since according to you DSLR can do as much and more than the RED epic.

The DSLR can shoot 3000 fps, just use Twixtor!

Come on I was kidding right from the first post, just wanted to see what people would say... :D
Of course red is better, they can't even be compared.

By the way I was not kidding about the new Sony F-55, it seems to be (at least on paper) better than the red for a lower price and it's the reason why red lowered the price of their cameras. :D

T2i/550D = Cinematic
Red = old news

Sorry man, but the T2i is no where close the Red. :no: The T2i a great camera and all, don't get me wrong, but the T2i just doesn't come close to the Red.

Back