reasonably priced/decent stands for lights?

I need to buy three stands for some lights I bought. I see there are a wide range of priced stands. Can anyone recommend one that works decently but isn't overly expensive?

What are the three lights you have and how high do you need to get them? What's your budget?

You could get away with compact, lightweight (and cheaper) stands if you've got three Dedolights; you'll need something much beefier if you want to get a 1K fresnel 3m off the ground.

I have 3 Eliminator Lighting E 106 pinspots (Click here)

They are great for dynamic lighting, but I would like to get something that I could use to evenly light a scene. What lights would you recommend for this? Whatever stands I get I would like to use for all my lights.

As far as how high I'd want the stands to go, I'm honestly not sure. I don't need anything crazy tall, just whatever would work to light a an indoor scene.

I'm not too familiar with the lights and stands that are available and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Thanks.

They are great for dynamic lighting, but I would like to get something that I could use to evenly light a scene. What lights would you recommend for this? Whatever stands I get I would like to use for all my lights.
The lighting in a scene is not generally 'even'. I know some DPs like to use the 'zone' system. Either way, there are an abundance of all sorts of lights you can use to light a scene.

Whatever stands I get I would like to use for all my lights.
Unfortunately, this is rarely possible. A stand for a Dedo isn't heavy duty enough for a Kino Flo, and a Kino Flo stand isn't really heavy duty enough for a 2k Fresnel. An 800w redhead stand isn't going to cut it for a 4k HMI, and a 4k HMI stand won't cut it for an 8k Brute.

One thing you should always do, however, is put a shotbag on each stand. There's also a certain way to run the cable under the stand to avoid accidents. It's a bit tricky to explain, you're better off getting a grip or gaffer to show you. I can probably post a picture reference if you really want. Safety is first priority when dealing with lights, especially heavy duty and also open-face lights. Make sure you have decent stingers (extension cables) on your light cables as 'clothes-lining' your cables is an accident waiting to happen ;)

C-stands will hold almost anything haha. Yeah, it will definitely hold that little light. My above reccomendation was for cheap, not quality. If you can spend it those cstands will last your entire shooting life and that of however inherits them next.

Digitaljuice.com has some pretty great cstands at usually a pretty great price, especially if you're buying more than one. They run specials often too. I picked up two from them for $200 with free shipping on special. They weigh 30 pounds each, so free shipping saves a lot.

Okay so I got the impact c-stand kits. I'd like to attach my Eliminator E 106 pin spot lights and my 5d Mark II to the extension arms. What adapters would I need to do this? I looked everywhere and can't find a solution.

Back