Real Time Editing Card?

What is the name of this card used that renders in real time? I mean I have heard about it from several people but it seems the majority of sales people at Frys or Best buys dont know about it. Im guessing I have to go into a pro video store to ask.

I dont know if its for a Mac system only but you basically edit your film and save and the rendered file is done. No waiting hours for the film to render in all the special effects.

Just wondering if anyone knows what Im talking about? :huh:

I have heard of:

Matrox RTX100 ( VERY nice SDTV card )
MatroxRTX10 ( Limited RT but useable, I have one )
Matrox AXIO ( new HD REAL HD! )
Matrox Digi suite ( dated MJpeg Editor )

All Matrox cards are designed to work with Adobe Software

Avid has there external box MOJO I don't know anything more about it. I did get the AVID free dv editing software It's fun to play with.

I can't leave out the grand daddy of 'em all, the video toaster as Will mentioned in his post above. They have gone to calling it the VT4 now the next version will be a monster I bet. HD is so close now. I have been reading a multi part review on the VT4 It looks like they have been working at making this thing smooooooooooth. I am a little bias because I cut my teath on Comadore Computers starting with a VIC 20 up to an Amiga 2000 and an Amiga 600. I did get to tinker with an Amiga Toaster with version 4 software durring an internship. Was fun.

Mike :)

the other nice thing about the toaster is that you can find pretty decent deals from time to time on ebay.. about a year ago I saw a guy selling his entire toaster rig, Amiga 2000 tower, monitor, lots of HD space, etc... probably all worth around 30 or 40 grand when new I think it all sold for like $500 or $1000... ;) His wife made him get rid of it.. hehe

Back