Ready to compose! :)

Hi!

My name is Laios Goldbeck and I compose music for films and games and anything in between.

I love to learn and experiment with new things and challenges and I hope to be able to get some interesting projects through this site.

Very Best to all,
Laios

Hi Nate :)

Here is a demo reel I made:

And this is my website:

You can also always hit me up on twitter or instagram @laiosgold or write me at laios98@gmx.net.

Would always like to chat with other composers and creative minds :)

It's good, thanks for sending that. Composition is strong, I'm not going to nitpick because it's all personal taste anyway. Overall, it's polished, professional, and most significantly useful. This particular reel feels focused on kind of by the numbers mainstream scoring, but that makes sense for a demo reel. I'll go over to your site and see what I can find. I'm looking for polished, but I'm also looking for unique. Sounds like Kontakt and Izotope 6, am I in the ballpark?

You're gonna find a lot of unpolished stuff on the website because I have unreleased and unfinished projects on there too, and I would say that usually the polish part comes in at the mixing stage of the score.

With these projects I used mostly Kontakt and Zebra, while I honetsly don't like the sound of the Kontakt instruments that I have. (Sadly those are the best orchestral plugins I own).

I would rather not use these in a real score and experiment with other possibilities (or real instruments).

I'd love to hear more about what you're looking for with your project and try to come up with a good score for you.

Worst case: we both gain experience :)

It's possible that we could come to an arrangement wherein I got you some more kontakt instruments. That's one of the things we're going to try out with save point, building a resource pool to share tools with project members. I have quite a few kontakt instruments, but I think they put a limit on the number of transfers to stifle lending library type arrangements. Anyway I'm sure we can figure something out.

If you haven't read the Save Point primer, that would be a good place to start. There will really be a lot of run time for composers to work with ideas. It should be a growth environment for all involved. I know I'm looking forward to composing for it, when I'm not overtasked in other areas.

I went to your site, and listened to a sample of each track on every page. Overall, it's quite good. Your newer stuff seems noticeably improved over the tracks marked 2016. If you look at the project and decide you are interested in being involved, It would be helpful if you could send me a run down of your entire signal chain, so I can best determine how I might help. In example what is your final mastering plugin? What DAW?

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to peak into every track on the page!

Now to Save Point: This project seems SO massively ambitious and interesting! I literally had to take a couple minutes to process what I just read and already have tons of questions about it.
I feel like me not being a part of this would mean that I'd be missing out on what could be something that is truly the first of it's kind.
So there's no doubt in my mind that I want to join this project.

I work in Studio One, and besides my Audiobox USB96 Interface, my Keyboard, Launchpad and Microphone, I don't have any hardware.
My mastering is also done in Studio One, which has a dedicated mastering page. I don't use any kind of mastering suite plugin if that's what you meant. Instead I use regular VSTs which will include things like EQ and multiband compression all the way to signal analysis.

If that wasn't the info you were looking for I misunderstood 😅

it's cool, that is the information I was looking for. I also have a copy of studio one, I use it here and there, more for live recording. That's all the hardware you need if you really know what you're doing.

I feel like it's likely I can help you out. to start with, I believe you can audition a free trial of ozone 9, just so you can try that out.

you put this on your master track, and then try some presets with your mix playing, or use the auto mastering. I think you might be a bit surprised what happens. lol. Basically this is the one thing out there that you can add to your chain that will improve EVERYTHING you do. You'll end up going back through your library and rerendering all your old songs. Youtube sound is one thing, but you should hear this on you own material in the DAW.

here's a quick walkthrough from youtube.

I'm glad to hear you're enthusiastic about Save Point. I'm actually about to post the first video that actually shows a few glimpses of the alpha development. Look forward to talking with you.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'm eager to see how good this is because I can't really say that I've had good experience with automatic mastering tools or services.

I'm excited for the video!

Back