• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Quitting is Expensive

Hey guys, this is a short I did almost 2 years ago with a 16mm camera and triX reversal film stock. First film I ever done and triX wasn't probably the best choice (lol) but let me know what you think !!!

https://vimeo.com/56165018

Congrats on completing it, especially because of the 16mm. Nothing like doing it the hard way first up!

On a more critical note, it couldn't hold my attention. I really tried but the story didn't grab me and after holding on for a couple of minutes, I started skipping chunks until I turned off.

DUDE thank you so much for the sincere comment !!! I really appreciate ! I'll work on that for sure ! grab the attention in the first minute is key isn't it !

short I did almost 2 years ago

Heh, was going to ask when it was shot. Between the old-school tv set, cordless phone set & other objects, I was thinking mid-90s. :blush:

Not bad for a first film. What have you been doing since this? :)

I like the sound, but the acting seems little caricatured, unless that was the goal. Maybe you could compress the detail's close-ups to make them pass faster, like in Requiem for a Dream for example. I admit I didn't make it to the end though.

Heh, was going to ask when it was shot. Between the old-school tv set, cordless phone set & other objects, I was thinking mid-90s. :blush:

Not bad for a first film. What have you been doing since this? :)

LOL a haha it's the great work of the art department !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::roll eyes:

I like the comment about the CUs passing faster, maybe it'll speed up the whole thing.

Ok most of you didn't make it to the first minute I see ! I wanted to know if the narrative was clear or not :(

I definitely gotta change some stuff then. The sound and music I did everything on my own, some things were off but I was getting a little frustrated so left the way it is ...

But thank you guys anyway !

PS since then I haven't done any film, just working on other people's !

Back