Question about using Premiere Pro CS5.5

I am helping my friend editing her feature, and I noticed that we imported a lot of the video on the wrong format perhaps. The video was imported on HDV 1440 x 1080p, when the actual footage is DSLR 1920 X 1080p. Is there a way to for the program to re-import it all by changing the settings, but still keep all the scenes edited the same?

I watched some youtube tutorials but their Premiere Pros have different things in the program compared to mine, when I click on Project Settings.

Is their a way, without having to re-edit all the scenes?

I am helping my friend editing her feature, and I noticed that we imported a lot of the video on the wrong format perhaps. The video was imported on HDV 1440 x 1080p, when the actual footage is DSLR 1920 X 1080p. Is there a way to for the program to re-import it all by changing the settings, but still keep all the scenes edited the same?

I watched some youtube tutorials but their Premiere Pros have different things in the program compared to mine, when I click on Project Settings.

Is their a way, without having to re-edit all the scenes?

*Edit: I realize my grammar is terrible*

I'm not completely sure for CS5.5, but I believe there is somewhere in the toolbar, more likely than not in "Sequence", a settings menu to be able to change the sequence size down to 1080p. If anything it would be "Sequence Settings".

I hope that helps.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
anger.gif

Okay thanks. But in sequence settings it will not let me. Most of the areas are not 'click-able'. So I cannot see what options I have. It shows heading that should be able to be clicked, but they are not click-able for some reason.

Okay thanks. But in sequence settings it will not let me. Most of the areas are not 'click-able'. So I cannot see what options I have. It shows heading that should be able to be clicked, but they are not click-able for some reason.

Adobe is weird this way. This may sound mediocre, but have you tried selecting the sequence (where the yellow border appears along the little window) and then trying to click on those settings? It happens to me all the time in After Effects, and I have a feeling that it's applicable to Premier Pro.

Create a new sequence with the right settings, then cut and paste all the content. If you have adjusted the audio mixer at all or created sub mixes you'll have to redo that, but all the clips, cuts and effects on those clips will transfer.

Create a new sequence with the right settings, then cut and paste all the content. If you have adjusted the audio mixer at all or created sub mixes you'll have to redo that, but all the clips, cuts and effects on those clips will transfer.

Ignore everything else; this is the best advice. You didn't import the footage in any format other than what it was shot in. The footage is still DSLR 1080p. You just chose the wrong settings for your sequence. Easy fix.

I agree with Paul and Cracker Funk.

TO DO
Select the sequence.
Press CTRL A
Press CTRL C
Press CTRL N
Choose the right settings, give new sequence a name.
Select new empty sequence.
Press CTRL V

It should be there.

Learn to use the right phrases:
'imported as HDV 1440x1080p' sounds like you imported the footage from a tape.
While you are probably working in a HDV Sequence.
So it's 'edited in a HDV Sequence, while the footage is DSLR 1920x1080'.
The sequence doesn't not alter your original footage. It only determines your maximum export resolution AND it makes your computer work harder when the settings don't match the footage.

Back