• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question about using Magic Bullet Looks in After Effects

I recently installed Magic Bullet Looks into AE CS6 but I can't figure out how to apply a look to the clip, and save it to the timeline. Is there a save option or something to apply the preset? I can't figure it out.

Basically, I hit the "Edit…" button in the project section, then I choose a look that I want inside Magic bullet and it DOES apply in the Magic Bullet screen but after I close that screen, the clip just looks like this, with no correction in After Effects:

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-11%20at%2012.21.56%20PM-1.png

It's been a long while since I've played with MBLooks, but if I remember correctly it doesn't always update the current frame immediately, you may have to move the playhead. But are you just closing the looks editor window, or are you applying it (clicking ok or whatever in the lower right corner) from within there?

Show us the screen when you are in Looks.
I don't know how the trial differs from a bought version.
I do know just closing the window doesn't apply the effect. There has to be a button down right corner, even if it's just 'OK'.

How bizar!

Can you adjust the resolution of your screen for a moment?
My old netbook could display a higher screen than fitted on the screen: I just had to scroll down in that occasion.

You've got a retina display on that mac I'll bet... go into the display settings and change it to 'scaled' and select one of the 'more text on screen' sizes rather than the default 'best for display' or 'scaled/best (retina)'

Back