Question about shooting slow mo with T2i.

In order to shoot slow mo I got to change it from 1080 by 1920 at 24fps to 1280 by 720 at 60fps. However will changing it to 1280 by 720 lessen the picture quality? When I play it back through the computer it looks just as good, but will it look amateur if you shoot something in that for slow mo, then send into film festivals? It seems the best option would be to shoot at 1080 by 1920 at 60fps, but the T2i does not have that option. It looks good on my computer, I just don't want to use it, and have it look bad to others on different and possibly bigger screens.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not grain, but I know what you mean. Well I checked the difference through HD between 720 and 1080, and there doesn't seem to be much. If audiences are paying attention to what's happening during the slow motion scenes, rather than paying attention to the resolution, then they shouldn't notice much. Perhaps I'll get the ND filter then.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not grain, but I know what you mean. Well I checked the difference through HD between 720 and 1080, and there doesn't seem to be much. If audiences are paying attention to what's happening during the slow motion scenes, rather than paying attention to the resolution, then they shouldn't notice much. Perhaps I'll get the ND filter then.

ISO and Resolution are completely different things. Upping the ISO is what is what causes noise, not changing the resolution.

Yeah I know. I was talking about how on my T2i I have to go from 1080p to 720p for slow mo, which of course changes the resolution. Okay I just noticed something. If I shoot in 60fps at 50 shutter speed, the slo mo looks exactly the same. I don't have to up it to 125. Why do some say to do so, if it looks exactly the same at 50.

Last edited:
Back