Question about setting up a casting call.

I think I will make my first short soon and will hire actors. However before I start posting casting calls online and at the local university, should I already have a crew ready to work, before looking for actors? Or should I advertise for everyone at the same time?

harmonica you came to the forum the sametime as me wanting to do the samethings, so I learned a lot from your posts alone. check things out. maybe you will find an actor you want and let them know. I thank directorik for all his help.

Oh yes for sure thanks you for all your help directorik. And thank you everyone else for all your help too. I think I will set the shooting date for a few months after the audition though, to get more applicants in.

On my last project I got my core crew together first (DP and AD) and then cast the actors. It was a really low budget movie so I kind of hired the rest of the crew as the production moved along. I think it helps to have at least a minimal crew in place before you start casting the actors.

Angie
Actress/Producer
www.WatchGraduated.com

I think I may have a DP soon, so if I advertise for the actors and and soundman calls, but don't get everyone I need in time, I'll have to start the casting call all over again, but that's okay. Thanks for the input.

Back