Question about Credits in One-Man-Crew Film

Hi there ^_^
I'm working on a low budget (1000$, camera and tripod) film project,
The Crew is:
One Actress.. and Me (I write, direct, produce, film, post, sound design, etc..)
In the credits, what do I write? -.-" I mean, I cannot list myself 100 times...
Thanks in advance :)

Options I found: (one of them... if you didn't get it)
Film made by...
Written by...
A Film of...
(Name)'s (Title)

Use what ever you like -- it is your production! Some have made up names to fill the closing credits. Long list of current 'name' directors have done that when they were solo or 'small' and didn't want to appear to be solo or 'small'. Some have used their pet's names or famous writers, artists, etc. from the past. Some have sold credits in exchange for Kickstarter perks. Etc. There are no rules. You make it -- do what you want. It is all yours. I have used shot and chopped by... Or nothing at all, just the names of the cast. BUT make sure when you do use 'whatever' spell their name right! AND always give cast and crew their credit (and PRAISE -- especially if they are working for next to nothing or nothing)... And if you win a lottery... remember them. My two cents...

If it's a short film, definitely the end credits should simply be

"A Film by"

Then, the cast which would be you and the other actress.

Followed by any special thanks.

(As a side note, which Don touched on, If your short is a comedy, you may want to make the credits funny or something, and play with the fact that you wore these different hats. But only if the movie lends itself to this, and only if you don't get too cutesy with it.)

I've come to prefer "A (Your Name) Film".

Whatever, who cares? Put what you want.

You could also say "Written, Produced and Directed by _________", and include any other credits that you think are important.

"a film by" is a bit on the egoist side. If you're trying to get into festivals or be taken seriously by people in the biz (money!) leave embellishments to those who've earned that respect.

Open with a short title card, at the end, "written, produced and directed by tdt alpha" is likely the best bet.

Good luck.

Back