Quality lenses 500 and below micro 4/3 bmpcc

So I know I have posted about this quite a lot but shipping on the cam is coming close and I need lens help as I'm not too familiar with m4/3. Here's what I was looking at

Panasonic 20mm f1.7
Sigma 30mm f2.8

These are both realitivley cheap and appear to have no problems when mounted on the pocket camera, most of my work will be narritive filmmaking and cinematic work. What do you guys reccomend for lenses for this kind of work? I want good image quality lenses and also somewhat sharp image. Thanks guys don't know what I'd do without you! X)

I've bought 2 lens so far for the pocket cam. I picked up the panasonic 12-35 IS f2.8. That's a bit out of your prices range though. Also bout the Olympus 45 f1.8.

As far as prime lens go, I'm planning on started with 3 (45 f1.8 being the first). I want to get a fast 17mm (about a 50mm on full frame), and also a fast 12mm. There are a lot of options in the $500 area for those.

If I had to choose between the two you listed, I'd pick the panasonic 20 f1.7. The Sigma is a bit slow, there are better faster options in the 35mm range.

Can you list some prime that would be good and in the price range? Like I said ill be doing mostly cinematic work, also I plan to buy the bmcc mft mount in the future as well so I want these lenses to be good and usable for that camera as well!

Can you list some prime that would be good and in the price range? Like I said ill be doing mostly cinematic work, also I plan to buy the bmcc mft mount in the future as well so I want these lenses to be good and usable for that camera as well!

Via an adapter you should be able to build a set of OM (Olympus), FD (Canon), or K (Pentax, some others) manual primes for less than that dollar amount each.

More desirable lenses (Canon new FD 85mm 1.<i forget what> for example) will cost more, but the workhorse lenses (35mm f2.8, 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 are dirt cheap, faster are available for more $$) will be easy to find cheap.

Add zipgears or something and you basically a ghetto cine prime.

In that they "work well" on any other micro 4/3 format camera, sure. Why not?

I don't really know what you are asking with that, and without having seen a whole lot more footage from the camera I couldn't really answer it if I did. :lol:

They'll look different, not only from a modern lens but also from each other (Canon looks different than Nikon looks different than <insert maker here>). That's a subjective thing that you'll have to decide for yourself.

I run several Canon FD lenses on my GH2 (M4/3) without issue. They will certainly work on the pocket cam. I have a 17mm FD f4 that was about $400 on ebay. Slow but fun lens.. some artifacts on the corners on the GH2, those will not be in the frame on a pocket cam...

Back