Props and costumes

Hey everyone. I have my idea set! Now its time to get props and costumes. I was wondering where I can find a police officer and firefighter suit cheap? I have looked on craigslist and ebay and they are expensive on there. Where else could I look? Also you think if I asked the local firefighter if I could borrow two suits you think they would? Thanks

I have put together two police uniforms over the past couple years. I started them back on my first film and upgraded them for Kohlman Files. Your cheapest route is a mix of cheap security guard stuff (jackets, shirts, duty belts, handcuff holders, etc....) that can be bought multiple places online (Uniform Warehouse) and some surplus real police stuff (patches, badges, hats, etc....). I think I have maybe $175 to $200 each in mine. As a point of reference, that's less than 1 day rental from most costume places that have them.

Fairly stiff price for a costume at our budget level, but how often do you need a uniformed cop? In my movies pretty darn regularly.

Back