Producer's Reps Recommendations

I’d be glad to post a few names.

What was the budget?
Any festival showings?
Any recognizable names?
Anyone involved have recognizable experience?

Which ones have you already researched? Don’t want to give you
names you have already contacted or rejected.

Blade, that link was REALLY interesting. Thank you for that.
Now I'm going to go hang myself.
If you have someone in your movie with box office draw, and if you shot it on film and it genuinely has a pro "look" then maybe a producer's rep would work for you. Otherwise I think that producer's reps will only get you "internet distribution", which you definitely don't have to and should not PAY anyone for. They may gladly take on your movie but only because they want to make a little money. Accept enough low budget films and a sales rep will start to see a nice income off of just Internet sales. I can only imagine "Congratulations! I just got you a deal with FilmBaby and Amazon Advantage! That'll be 20% please."

My post may have come off as sarcasm. If so, I apologize. It wasn't intended. I genuinely did find that interesting, as I am on the verge of releasing my own feature and also wasn't sure about the value of a prod rep.

The "hang myself" comment just referred to the general - somewhat pessimistic though undoubtedly accurate - tone of the article as a whole.

My post may have come off as sarcasm. If so, I apologize. It wasn't intended. I genuinely did find that interesting, as I am on the verge of releasing my own feature and also wasn't sure about the value of a prod rep.

The "hang myself" comment just referred to the general - somewhat pessimistic though undoubtedly accurate - tone of the article as a whole.

That article did seem very pessimistic. I've just submitted my screener to a few reps. Crossing my fingers.

Back