Premiere Pro 5.5 - Already? Yep!

Maybe it's just me, but this release seems a little contrived. CS5 hasn't been out very long and now we have a paid upgrade that doesn't appear to offer anything more than a decent free version update.

Here is a link to the announcement.

What do you guys think? I'm feeling a little annoyed with Adobe.

interesting I think for the low budget crowd is the ability to RENT the software.. lets face it, some folks here are using, less than legit copies of adobe products.. at least they can rent it for a month and finish an OFFICIAL production they can submit to festivals without fear of getting dissed for ripping of software...

having just bought CS5, Im glad of the FREE upgrade.

I think the big deal is now Adobe Audition is included in the Production Premium, thats a big deal.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pre...201104/041111AdobeCS5.5ProductionPremium.html

I checked out the link and can't find anything about a free upgrade. Adobe was getting hammered on Facebook last night and had a rep responding because of the unrest.

Boy, I hope you're right.

Your press release is from today which gives me hope.

I got an email from adobe this morning telling me to sign up for my free upgrade. I bought CS5 just last month so that might be the difference..

watching this now, already Im excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_6s-exbCTA

Last edited:
I just found this going through this mornings responses from Adobe. It's the first time it was addressed in 38 responses. What the definition of "recently" is will be the key.

Adobe Creative Suite Hi @Robin and @Omar If you've purchased CS5 recently you may qualify for our free upgrade. Please contact customer support at http://adobe.ly/fVIPcH. If you want to try out the new version to see if it has features you need, you can be notified when the free trial is available around mid May by signing up here http://adobe.ly/CSnotify.
3 hours ago · Like

my email looks like this, much more definite than your example.

"... Adobe announced the upcoming release of Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5. We’re pleased to let you know that your recent purchase of Creative Suite 5 software entitles you to receive a complimentary upgrade to the equivalent new release. ...."

my email looks like this, much more definite than your example.

"... Adobe announced the upcoming release of Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5. We’re pleased to let you know that your recent purchase of Creative Suite 5 software entitles you to receive a complimentary upgrade to the equivalent new release. ...."

:( I didn't get an email. I purchased 7 months ago, so that makes sense.

Adobe will take a beating on this for a day or two more and the outrage will fade away. Things like this are the nature of software. Still, it's like your girlfriend breaking up with you after taking in the booty of Christmas and Valentines Day. Bitch! :lol:

:( I didn't get an email. I purchased 7 months ago, so that makes sense.

Adobe will take a beating on this for a day or two more and the outrage will fade away. Things like this are the nature of software. Still, it's like your girlfriend breaking up with you after taking in the booty of Christmas and Valentines Day. Bitch! :lol:

oh.. someones got issues.. :)

After Effects CS5.5 includes some great new tools, including great stabilization and rolling shutter removal tools. Made some shaky flip cam footage look like a steadycam. Granted it's demo footage.

Also a great new lens blur effect.

Story 5.5 is also phenomenal. Best screenplay software I've seen.

After Effects CS5.5 includes some great new tools, including great stabilization and rolling shutter removal tools. Made some shaky flip cam footage look like a steadycam. Granted it's demo footage.

Also a great new lens blur effect.

Story 5.5 is also phenomenal. Best screenplay software I've seen.

I've lightened up a little and it does sound pretty good. I'll have to wait a bit, though - wait, that's what happened with CS5. :lol:

Back