• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Powerless

Following is the list of things, which are incorrect in your screenplay:

1) Even if it’s a draft, always write the name of movie and the writer on the first page.
2) It’s “you’re or you are” and not “your thank you.”
3) Another grammatical mistake; “its” is correct, and not “it’s tip.”
4) “Who like stalks children” doesn’t make any sense.
5) A lot of punctuation problems.
6) “Some moments man overcomes great difficulties” is not a good line at all.
7) “The nurse leaves back in the Brendan takes out a cigarette” doesn’t make any sense
In short, you have a lot of problems related to English. If you read the scripts of professional script writers, you’ll find that their command on English is too good. They have a rich vocab, they know the basics of punctuation. You really have to work hard on that.

The scene of Shelly and her fiance was out of the blue and served no purpose whatsoever.

The way you’ve described Brendan till now gives the impression of an almost serious person who won’t say “Greetings jack”, even with sarcasm.

To be honest, I was not able to follow the script. First things first, why was the parking of hospital empty? I’ve never seen something like that. Second, why was he on wheelchair if he could walk properly? Who were the gangsters and that dark figure?

You have to work hard on this script and also on your language.

Why don’t you tell us the story in a single paragraph here? Maybe we can help you out.

I'm sorry if I came out harsh, but I think you should know these things.

Last edited:
Undoubtedly it needs alot of work, but there ARE some improvements from the previous version.

Naturally many of the things to be learned just don't happen overnight (or in your second short), and writing stuff over and over and over is the nature of the beast, BUT so is the proof reading.

The lines that Naviobb is seeing are the same ones I saw.
(You need to fix them once and for all.)

Keep at it.

-Thanks-

Undoubtedly it needs alot of work, but there ARE some improvements from the previous version.

Naturally many of the things to be learned just don't happen overnight (or in your second short), and writing stuff over and over and over is the nature of the beast, BUT so is the proof reading.

The lines that Naviobb is seeing are the same ones I saw.
(You need to fix them once and for all.)

Keep at it.

-Thanks-
sorry I cant help myself . Reading all the posts I find All are kind but Buddy is really encouraging
padma

Others have covered the script. My advice:
Gain a masochistic love for harsh, harsh criticism. Demand it. It's gonna be painful, but if you can learn to love it, you'll grow faster as a writer.
Keep writing. Write every day. All the time. Buy a note pad to keep in your back pocket. (Good for grocery lists, gas mileage and all kinds of things in addition to writing.)

Back