• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Post your loglines here!

Hey guys, I thought it would be cool if we would all post random loglines on the same thread. They can be from completed original scripts, or just random loglines you just thought of.
I will start with one from my original script called Tigers in Suburbia. Message me if you want more information on the story.

Two teenage twin brothers accidentally murder a gang member, unleashing the fury of a local gang, the New York Mafia, and a sadistic assassin upon a suburban town.

Now its your turn!

Heres one i just started.

Mayday?
Two brothers raised in a right wing household join a secret Republican society but after the younger brother is asked to infiltrate a rival left wing society his views begin to change. Sparking a feud between the two brothers.

Political satire making fun at repubs and democrats and there useless ways of thinking.

This seems intensely complicated. Do you have a script I could read? Ccolebrooked@gmail.com
I'd love to give feedback.

The script still needs work. The dialogue needs more military jargon and the cyborgs need to be molded more like super perfect machines. That makes them better killers and more perfect beings, which makes them more ominous to the humans. Also, the cyborgs are super-sized versions of the humans, made better in every way. I can bring in human vanity for the humans making the cyborgs bigger and better fabrications of humanity. Look at the statues from historical times and the Titans being giant gods. Even in movies, robots have more often than not been done as bigger than their human makers. The idea works in perfectly with that observation of humanity.

But, the script is on the right track now.

A man, raised by the mob, one day realizes that they're the ones responsible for his parent's death.

A young man decides to run away from home and sail the open seas and visiting new lands he'd never thought he'd see.

A man, raised by the mob, one day realizes that they're the ones responsible for his parent's death.

A young man decides to run away from home and sail the open seas and visiting new lands he'd never thought he'd see.

That first one reminds me a bit of Lucky Number Slevin. Have you seen it?

A disillusioned nightclub bouncer reconciles with his world through a shattering encounter

it,s written in french so I'm pretty sure I could come up with a better logline.

Modern Day, I think Dready's confusion might have had something to do with your logline being a tad too brief (it doesn't tell us much). I can see how somebody could just skip over it, cuz it's kinda closer to a tagline, than a logline.

Charles, the "Free Falling" idea is really cool. It's like "Defending Your Life", but with a serious ticking-clock.

My Craziest Logline (I've shared this concept on here before):

"The Rapture"

On the verge of seeing Earth overrun by Satan and his minions, Jesus Christ must return to judge the living and the dead, and battle the forces of evil for control of the fate of humankind.

It'd be written as an Action-Adventure. Fundamentalist Christians would love it for being an accurate depiction of the coming Apocalypse. Athiests would love it for being so absurd. Some moderate Christians might be offended by it, but hopefully, many would be able to appreciate it for what it is.

I'm 100% sure they had an episode of American Dad like that. But Jesus teams up with the father to save his wife (who's actually with Jesus) in the hell-world that used to be Earth.

Back