• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Post your loglines here!

Hey guys, I thought it would be cool if we would all post random loglines on the same thread. They can be from completed original scripts, or just random loglines you just thought of.
I will start with one from my original script called Tigers in Suburbia. Message me if you want more information on the story.

Two teenage twin brothers accidentally murder a gang member, unleashing the fury of a local gang, the New York Mafia, and a sadistic assassin upon a suburban town.

Now its your turn!

A little wordy, but what I am working from. Currently page 35, really getting in the meat of the second act.

Into the Night is a horror film about a young prostitute who, after she witneeses the death of a john, tries to discover why her strange dreams have begun to correspond with real murders. Her quest becomes increasingly difficult as she becomes enmeshed with a strange cult, and her own twisted past is revealed to her.

dehorse - is that something you're shooting?

Gonzo, sounds good. I'm a sucker for anything about dreams, cults and twisted pasts!

Here's a dark comedy I'm tinkering with:

Look Ma! We Found a Vampire!
Three grade school friends accidentally awaken an ancient vampire queen buried in the backyard.

I imagine Joan Cusack as the cranky vampire queen.

dehorse - is that something you're shooting?

Gonzo, sounds good. I'm a sucker for anything about dreams, cults and twisted pasts!

Here's a dark comedy I'm tinkering with:

Look Ma! We Found a Vampire!
Three grade school friends accidentally awaken an ancient vampire queen buried in the backyard.

I imagine Joan Cusack as the cranky vampire queen.

What about John Cusak as the cranky vampire 'QUEEN'? That would be fun but probably not what you intended, eh?

Me too FLicker. I made my PG-13 Disney movie (my last short). This one is filled to the brim with nudity, violence, and hot goth girl sex. Getting back to the films I want to make which are a new twist on the exploitation genre.

Stranded in an airport terminal, flight delayed indefinitely, Joseph must overcome his fear of overpriced beer, in order to find a charger for his smartphone. Oh, wait, that's what I'm doing right now.

Flicker, I love the kids and vampires concept. Also, I fully agree that we should always make movies that we would want to watch, ourselves.

Ok, here's a few of mine, all from completed screenplays:

RABID
A camping trip turns sour for a group of friends, when Steve is attacked by an animal in the woods. Returning home, things go from bad to worse as Steve's friends are savagely murdered by the same creature. Has Steve become this fiendish beast, or has something followed them home?

(Sounds like a straight-forward Werewolf movie, but trust me, there are a few twists in there!)

ROTTEN FLESH
On attempting to escape the bordem of living in a rural village, a group of friends conduct a seance in the local graveyard. This causes the dead to rise. The entire village then must fight for survival and somehow escape the clutches of this ravenous zombie horde.

(This is a straight-forward Zombie movie, with tons of gore! Think Fuluci rather than Romero!)

FIELD TRIP
A group of students on a trip to the woods fall victim to a parasite that causes it's host to turn psychotic. As the students fight for survival, they soon come to realise that the parasite is looking for, or maybe it has found, a new host.

(Possible tagline: "Sex, Drugs and Exploding Heads!!!")

I've got loads more, but unfortunately giving you the log line, or even telling you the titles of some of them, would give too much away!

Stranded in an airport terminal, flight delayed indefinitely, Joseph must overcome his fear of overpriced beer, in order to find a charger for his smartphone. Oh, wait, that's what I'm doing right now.

Flicker, I love the kids and vampires concept. Also, I fully agree that we should always make movies that we would want to watch, ourselves.

Cool. Now I need to write the damn thing -- a detail I totally overlooked when submitting to this logline contest.

That'll learn me...

Hope your flight isn't too delayed!

(Possible tagline: "Sex, Drugs and Exploding Heads!!!")

Run with that! Or... just riffing... make it a reggae festival/concert they are attending. "Sex, Dreads and Exploding Heads!" All sorts of fun copy to play with ... Dawn of the Dreads or Dread by Dawn.

Last edited:
Based on early returns, I should have several more festival slots next year for my last film. I want to have a readable draft ready before hitting that circuit. I read the screenplay for China Town right before starting to get my mind right.

"When a young journalist ventures into an African war zone in search of the story of his life, he stumbles into a violent conflict with roots too close to home, driving him back home to exact an impossible justice upon a powerful and successful international organization."

A thusfar unnamed project exploring the ideas of vigilantism - when it is/isn't necessary, what it would look like today, etc. Told in a very disjointed, scene-within-a-scene-within-a-scene structure, using two different tension-driven dialogues as bookends for very raw, violent jungle war scenes. Structured, in a way, like Russian stacking dolls.

Already begun shooting a bit of the handheld, Greengrass-esque stuff in Southern Sudan currently. No filming restrictions here (besides discussing with village leaders), so it's very exciting to be shooting with real locations, people, vehicles, and even real weapons. The only things I need to do in post are composite in several realistic-looking bomb hits.

Here's a couple of westerns, one contemporary, I want to write:

When a despairing artist recognizes a US Marshall as her mother's killer, she volunteers to illustrate his campaign to bring in an Indian Chief then realizes the most righteous retribution would be to set Crazy Horse free.

A stroke victim needs the help of Jack Pine Gypsies to herd his only friends, wild mustangs, from Stratusphere Bowl before a methane mining company releases toxic water into the basin.

An idea for a children's animation, based on my three-legged pup, Delaney (who just happens to be 17 years old today...Happy Birthday, Laney!!):
laneya.jpg

A Muybridge motion 'actor' is made redundant by the loss of a limb, but the three-legged dog finds purpose through helping an 'unhinged, neurotic puppet find it's discarded extremities.

A hi-falutin, pretentious one:
A winged waif saves the orphaned Bertrand Russell from suicide, inspiring the future Nobel Prize winner to formulate his concept of symbolic logic.

..and I wouldn't be me if I didn't have some freaky ones up my sleeve...
A botanist who discovers an 'ariadne thread' in plant estivation which leads to Eden, mongrelizes the seeds to see where they will lead, but the thread breaks and he must find his way out of a bouquet of hell.

Exiled heretic regrets altering L-fields to create the world of his dreams then tries to re-create 'home' through re-radiating the only visual reference left of that world, a set of 1939 encyclopedias.

Broken down and waiting for roadside assistence, the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse find no quarter save for the garden of George Washington Carver who convinces them that humans deserve a reprieve, together they lobby god.

Believing she's capturing spirits with a magic lantern, an ostracized, backwoods girl stumbles upon a portable transistor TV only to discover she can affect the broadcasted programming, including stopping a natural catastrophe approaching the area.

When a dying man discovers that the drawings he makes on a cave wall comes true, he plots out his children's bright future , but discovers their loss of free will kills their spirits, so he must come back in ghost form and prevent or undo their glad tidings.

Moonkinder follows mankind into the space age, where galactic conflicts get in the way of one moon man's dream of starting a family on Earth.

I like this one because it happens to me all the time.

And a Happy B-day to Delaney :)

Wow Bird, those are a trip! Are any fleshed out at this point? Surely those would make for some fantastic short stories if not feature scripts. You got some pistons firing under that hood of yours!

I, Creator 2: Goddess Of The Hunt

Cyborgs, Amazons, and Gods come together against a common enemy.

When Amazon soldiers are kidnapped to be used as game for hunters on another planet, the Black Ops Special Forces Cyborgs of the soldiers' military is sent by their government to rescue them. Among the cyborgs, a darkness is growning within two of the cyborgs that becomes a lust for power to conquer all living things. This darkness is seen from the powers that be and Artemis, Godddess of the Amazons engages the cyborgs to contain this threat. Artemis encounters the source of the darkness while on the planet--Ares. The god of war sits on a throne of carnage and grows stronger with his influence over cyborgs who harbor darkness and weak-minded humans. Artemis finds three cyborgs with the right patience and tolerance of humans to lead the cyborgs to live in peace with humans. Ares is like the devil and entices the rogue cyborgs to destroy the humans for a universe of machines. Who will win the war on Mt. Olympus and the world of the living?

Heres one of my many ideas floating around in my head

The spirit of Christ confronts a teenager while he is taking a piss and tells him to tell the rest of the world that he is not the son of god and to leave him alone in heaven, he is constantly bombarded by new arrivals looking to say hi to him

I, Creator 2: Goddess Of The Hunt

Cyborgs, Amazons, and Gods come together against a common enemy.

When Amazon soldiers are kidnapped to be used as game for hunters on another planet, the Black Ops Special Forces Cyborgs of the soldiers' military is sent by their government to rescue them. Among the cyborgs, a darkness is growning within two of the cyborgs that becomes a lust for power to conquer all living things. This darkness is seen from the powers that be and Artemis, Godddess of the Amazons engages the cyborgs to contain this threat. Artemis encounters the source of the darkness while on the planet--Ares. The god of war sits on a throne of carnage and grows stronger with his influence over cyborgs who harbor darkness and weak-minded humans. Artemis finds three cyborgs with the right patience and tolerance of humans to lead the cyborgs to live in peace with humans. Ares is like the devil and entices the rogue cyborgs to destroy the humans for a universe of machines. Who will win the war on Mt. Olympus and the world of the living?

This seems intensely complicated. Do you have a script I could read? Ccolebrooked@gmail.com
I'd love to give feedback.

This seems intensely complicated. Do you have a script I could read? Ccolebrooked@gmail.com

I'd love to give feedback.

Probably by the weekend. Myself and my friend Rodney are revising it. The investor told me this week he wants the short to lead to a trilogy. So, the story will have to be complex to stretch into a trilogy. But, a chapter in this story will be resolved by the end of this 30 minute short. The story is an introductory for characters and things to follow.

Back