• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Possible Post-Apocalyptic Web Series?

I just want to make one thing clear: Please do not assign yourself positions without my knowledge. I don't want to sound like Mr. Large-and-in-charge, but I am the official founder of this project after all, so you can suck it! :P
I'm simply offering my services, not assuming myself a position.

I'm simply offering my services, not assuming myself a position.

Aw, dude, I know. I'm sorry. That wasn't directed towards you or anyone specific.

I'm not much of a co-writer. I'm not good at helping other
writers write a script. I'm a solo writer. But when this goes
to "series" maybe you'll think of me to write an episode.

Yes! Of course!

I'll throw my hat in the ring as a director. When the script
for the short is finished and it's something I think I could do
I'll show you some samples.

Totally! Email me some of your work: o.andrade.gm@gmail.com

Harpsichord beat me to volunteering a score ;) That said, if you find the need for some incidental and/or end credits songs, I'm doing some hard electro-industrial these days! And Harpsichord, if you want to collaborate and farm out some of the orchestration, let me know!

If Harp is OK with working together with you, I'd have no problem with that.

My last film played at several festivals with another film somewhat similar in concept to this. I think it was called "The picture show at the end of the world". Man and his female lover/wife. They had been silent film stars. She is dying and they are wandering a post apocalyptic world looking for a projector so they can watch themselves on screen together one last time.

Would it be possible for you to email a link?

LATEST NEWS:

Uhhh, scratch that... Hunter is going to re-inform you with what we discussed for the project.

Last edited:
Okay! Just got off the phone with Owen! So here's what's going to happen! The major participants of this project are going to at one point start a dialogue on the actual production process. What me and Owen figured out so far, not set in stone, is that he is going to make a basic plot/story line for us to follow. He will write the first and last episode and everyone else will write one or more episodes. The best scripts will be notified, and a story board will be requested or something. Then once the storyboard is received there will be a go, or no go on production. Now lets say the writer has a beautiful script, but not the capability to produce! A production "team" that either has extra time and resources after producing their own script, or has a rejected script or doesn't have a script at all will be assigned a script that they will produce under the eye of the actual writer. (This is why storyboards are important.) Also there will be a total of seven episodes instead of six. Owen and I discussed that the whole series should take place within a week, one episode for each day, ending on a Sunday, the biblical day of rest. Also, for marketing purposes, any ideas for monetary sponsors? Correct me if I'm wrong on anything Owen.

Also we need to decide on a common video codec for sending the files P2P. I'm thinking one of many .mov codecs. They work on both FCP and CS5, not sure about other programs, like FCE. Also what aspect ratio and settings! If we're going for UBER cinematic, I'm thinking 1920x1080P, 32bit color depth, and a 1.50 float.

Correct me if I'm wrong on anything Owen.

That's sounds about right. But don't forget about the future Skype call. And the private group discussion thingy.

I really have to go now. I'm sitting outside of an abandoned restaurant stealing someone's wi-fi connection. :lol:

I'll start outlining the story tomorrow.

EDIT: I actually haven't left yet. I'm waiting to see if there are any questions before I go.

Last edited:
Also, the legal department of Hunteq Media is taking the responsibilities as record keepers for things such as consent forms and minor consent forms and use forms. (A Korean Law Student.) Haha.

Harpsichord beat me to volunteering a score ;) That said, if you find the need for some incidental and/or end credits songs, I'm doing some hard electro-industrial these days! And Harpsichord, if you want to collaborate and farm out some of the orchestration, let me know!
If Harp is OK with working together with you, I'd have no problem with that.
I had a listen to Josh's reverbnation yesterday actually, it would be a pleasure to do collaborative music.

I realise everything is a bit hectic at the moment with figuring out what's happening in the initial stages, but just get in touch when the decisions have been made.

Wow... Just found this. Iv seen this attempted a couple time here with no success. Post apocalyptic is my favorite genre so let's make this happen. I have a T2i but no sound equipment. Sending my email now.

Back