Positively seeking...books re. prosumer/high end cameras & NLEs combined

As part of my reading, I have been researching 'consumer' books on digital video which discuss prosumer cameras and NLEs within the same book. So far, I have found one:

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Digital Video
by Karl Bardosh

Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Alpha (November 6, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1592576133
ISBN-13: 978-1592576135

link to Amazon.com holding:
http://tinyurl.com/mnxpdz

Can any of the regulars here recommend any other books besides this for a good overview of the topic in general, and more details re. prosumer cameras used in conjunction with NLEs? I am particularly keen to find a book which clearly lays out the points about the different types of prosumer (high end?) cameras and selection.

Thanks.

Rick Schmidt's Extreme DV at Used-Car Prices: How to Write, Direct, Shoot, Edit, and Produce a Digital Video Feature for LessThan $3,000

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-DV-Used-Car-Prices-LessThan/dp/0142004359/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249366662&sr=8-1

This was useful for me...it laid out various cameras and NLE programs (of the time, circa 2004 but much still valid) in real situations. He has his favorite equipment and is a big fan of the already antiquated Dogme 95 school, but I still go back to this book for information and inspiration regularly.

Thanks much.

While doing additional internet research on this question, I happened on videomaker.com, the online version of the print magazine, videomaker. Further research on the site turned up some relevant buyer's guides. The write ups have met my requirement for overview--I would have preferred a bit more depth, but I suppose given the speed with which the digital video camera market is changing, you can't expect too much more, perhaps.

As an aside -- and perhaps a bit ho hum for the regulars here -- I found a good 'how to' article concerning working with a small crew. I will go back to this site again for further relevant information.

I could kick myself I didn't think earlier to examine trade magazines; I just wasn't sure what was out there.

Besides Videomaker/Videomaker.com, any here able to recommend other trade magazines??

Thanks.

Rick Schmidt's Extreme DV at Used-Car Prices: How to Write, Direct, Shoot, Edit, and Produce a Digital Video Feature for LessThan $3,000

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-DV-Used-Car-Prices-LessThan/dp/0142004359/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249366662&sr=8-1

This was useful for me...it laid out various cameras and NLE programs (of the time, circa 2004 but much still valid) in real situations. He has his favorite equipment and is a big fan of the already antiquated Dogme 95 school, but I still go back to this book for information and inspiration regularly.

I refer to it (and admit stealing it from Lloyd Kaufman) as "Dogpile 95" because that's what it is, a steaming pile of dogshit.

Thanks for taking notice and replying Gonzo.

Er, do you think that you might also have some (additional) suggestions as related to the original (as well as 3rd) post?

Back