• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Portions of this film are of epic proportions. Enjoy!

I was simply stating my opinion that tact is always appreciated when telling someone you don't enjoy what they did.

If you all don't agree, fine. I guess you can be as brutal as feel you need to be...

I disagreed with your comment of stating that you'd like to see what we have done is better ...

I'd rather see a poor attempt at making a good film than seeing a good attempt at making a poor film

Well, I thought it was pretty good.

Maybe a little bit too much build up- could probably be about 30secs in total- but was a nice idea and not badly executed.

I disagreed with your comment of stating that you'd like to see what we have done is better ...

I'd rather see a poor attempt at making a good film than seeing a good attempt at making a poor film

That's because I've usually found that those with the least amount of tact to be the ones with the least to offer.

Actualy, 8salacious9, I found your response to be the most helpful. You laid out your critique and offered real reasoning as opposed to just saying it sucked.

But again, you all are obviously allowed to respond however you want...

So what do all you guys have to show us that's above and beyond what the OP has made? I'm not saying what he presented is good or bad, but for all the gum flapping in here, I'd like to see what you all have done that could top it.

Then I can tell you all how you just created a "waste of time..."

Since when does one have to be a creator to critique? Are movie critics all directors? Are panel judges all participants? No. Seriously think about what you type before you post.

@TC. I liked the second one you posted. Actually looked like you put effort into it. I do recommend you get a tripod or shoulder type rig though.

Last edited:
Since when does one have to be a creator to critique? Are movie critics all directors? Are panel judges all participants?

From what I saw the OP didn't ask for a critique. And as I stated above, my point was that there are ways of giving critque without sounding like a jerk. If you don't agree, I don't care.

No. Seriously think about what you type before you post

Um... bite me?

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I didn't "think" before I posted.

And to imply that I didn't makes you sound extremely arrogant. As if your opinion is the only one that counts. People should try having some humility...

Last edited:
From what I saw the OP didn't ask for a critique. And as I stated above, my point was that there are ways of giving critque without sounding like a jerk. If you don't agree, I don't care.

Well, he posted it in the screening room. I think there's reasonable expectation he wants critique. Also, if I don't agree, you don't care? LOL, ok?

Um... bite me?

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I didn't "think" before I posted.

Real mature. Get a life.

@TC, sorry for threadjacking with this useless garbage. Lasvegas just has some issues I think.

The only thing epic about this video is the reaction to it. Dude was going for some ironic humor. It didn't quite work out as planned. Can we get past it now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVtinv5LSnE

makeepicfilm.jpg

Well, he posted it in the screening room. I think there's reasonable expectation he wants critique. Also, if I don't agree, you don't care? LOL, ok?

Real mature. Get a life.

@TC, sorry for threadjacking with this useless garbage. Lasvegas just has some issues I think.

Of course I was looking for reactions, isn't that the point of any film? And I appreciate the very little education gained from this thread. Looks like I still have plenty to learn about this audience.

The 'useless garbage' is always tolerated but, naturally, not useful.

The only thing epic about this video is the reaction to it. Dude was going for some ironic humor. It didn't quite work out as planned. Can we get past it now?

Yes.

Of course I was looking for reactions, isn't that the point of any film? And I appreciate the very little education gained from this thread. Looks like I still have plenty to learn about this audience.

The main thing you can take away from the thread is that people don't appreciate their time being wasted. It's a big lesson that a lot of filmmakers need to learn, alas in a different way to your lesson.

I really liked it. It played on antisipation before the big let down and the point was to sell it as being epic. I get it. Not sure why others didn't.

You can do a series of these and they can get better and better i think. I also think it takes a subtle poke at big budget Hollywood films that oversell and then tell a story about nothing. Maybe that was your motivation maybe not, but that gives it meaning in my book which makes it even better. Do more, I'd be interested in seeing them.

I also think it takes a subtle poke at big budget Hollywood films that oversell and then tell a story about nothing.

That would be true if Hollywood did 90 minute adverts for 30 second movies.

Do more, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Meh. Seen one scammy 3 minute advert for 5 seconds of boredom, seen them all I rekon ;)

That would be true if Hollywood did 90 minute adverts for 30 second movies.

Meh. Seen one scammy 3 minute advert for 5 seconds of boredom, seen them all I rekon ;)

Come on, it's a funny concept. I can imagine another with an intense bourne identity like intro only to show a guy finshing on his fishing boat, he thinks he has a catch for minute, he doesn't, he grumbles, cut to titles. I would subscribe to a youtube channel that made one of those fortnightly.

And I think we are missing the bigger picture here. OP managed to get 35 replies on his post of a video about a dude making a sandwich. He made making a sandwich interesting and sold the idea via promotional tactics...I think there's something to learn here.

Last edited:
Back