• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Portions of this film are of epic proportions. Enjoy!

in my opinion dont bother watching this, it is just mainly text.

i re-tract my statement from : "its just text, either hes made a mistake or hes a mug.."

your video was only playing 30 seconds ending at that.

also i don't like the fact your asking us to watch something that your going to make money off. perhaps disabling ads for now is a better idea

iv added the words in my opinion in the beginning of my statement.

Last edited:
dont bother watching this, its just text, either hes made a mistake or hes a mug..

i re-tract my statement from : "its just text, either hes made a mistake or hes a mug.."

your video was only playing 30 seconds ending at that.

also i don't like the fact your asking us to watch something that your going to make money off. perhaps disabling ads for now is a better idea

yes... the long intro and short runtime is the whole point. no need to belittle because you're not on board with a parody of unfulfilled expectations.

agreed about monetization.

yes... the long intro and short runtime is the whole point. no need to belittle because you're not on board with a parody of unfulfilled expectations.

agreed about monetization.

iv added "in my opinion" in my statement.. but i wasnt belittling, I was stating a genuine belief of mine, i just dont get what you were trying to achieve.

epic? only if you add fail to that.

for constructive criticism if its going to be epic, then make it epic. i was constantly thinking, bored bored bored bored, there wasnt even an artistic attempt.

again all in my opinion il say no more and give others their chance to voice their opinion.

Yeah its supposed to be funny with the anticlimactic ending and the super long intro but no, it doesn't do it. It was just a waste of time.

ya nice idea but it just felt like there was really no work or thought put into it. I feel like it could actually go somewhere. Have an actual story that is entertaining and then have the let down at the end and something we can laugh about. IMO this one is just kinda dumb and a waste of 2 minutes.

So what do all you guys have to show us that's above and beyond what the OP has made? I'm not saying what he presented is good or bad, but for all the gum flapping in here, I'd like to see what you all have done that could top it.

Then I can tell you all how you just created a "waste of time..."

So what do all you guys have to show us that's above and beyond what the OP has made? I'm not saying what he presented is good or bad, but for all the gum flapping in here, I'd like to see what you all have done that could top it.

Sorry for having an opinion not everyone likes everyone's work, iv posted my first ever scene that I shot already on this forum, for every one lover there's 20 haters.

This footage was in my opinion crap, please go into detail of how you thought this was great, that you could see the effort blood sweat and tears gone into it, how part 2 of 5 seconds of footage will be an Oscar winning performance.

Please sir.

Obviously we're not expecting blockbusters but seriously? This was jus naff

Look at every reviewer, most aren't film makers and I doubt many could create an even half decent film. We're just reviewing.

But sure, I think I have better films simply look at my signature BUT this isn't about me, or about how good this person is compared to me or others, it's about what could have been improved in general to create an enjoyable experience.

There are quite a few people here who have made films, and many who post up in the screening room. IMO, I don't think it's all too difficult to top a 5 second shot of someone eating bread.

The reality is - everyone's an armchair critic, and if you plan on making films you need to realise that, or suffer their wrath. On this forum, the majority of people critiquing you are filmmakers themselves, either professionals or avid hobbyists. In the wider world, the majority of people critiquing your film don't know the first thing about filmmaking. And yet, they'll still review the crap out of your film. It's all well and good to say 'well, I'd like to see you make something better' but the reality is many of those average Joe's who watch all our movies and make a judgement couldn't make anythign better, in fact couldn't even try and make anything better - wouldn't know where to start. But that's not going to stop them from telling all their friends how awful x movie is, or alternately how great z movie is.

I don't think the point of posting your work in this forum is to pat each other on the back and say 'great job man' even if it's not - the point is to receive proper constructive criticism so you can be better next time. If you want someone to tell you how good you are, show your mother.

I don't think the point of posting your work in this forum is to pat each other on the back and say 'great job man' even if it's not - the point is to receive proper constructive criticism so you can be better next time. If you want someone to tell you how good you are, show your mother.

This. The reason I post here! Because I can never trust my friends to give proper judgement :/

8salacious9, I never said it was great. No need to put words in my mouth.

To the rest of you, I have no issues with constructive criticism. But to simply say that something someone is presenting is a "waste of time" isn't constructive. There are better ways to tell someone that their work needs to improve.

My request is that you learn some tact.

LasVegasIRA said:
to simply say that something someone is presenting is a "waste of time" isn't constructive.

When someone tells you their film is of
smiley_bunny.gif
epic proportion
smiley_bunny.gif
... and turns out to be anything but... then yes, it's a waste of time. :rolleyes:

There are better ways to tell someone that their work needs to improve.

Cool. What should he improve? Aside from not trolling his audience by telling them it's epic, that is?

When someone tells you their film is of
smiley_bunny.gif
epic proportion
smiley_bunny.gif
... and turns out to be anything but... then yes, it's a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Cool. What should he improve? Aside from not trolling his audience by telling them it's epic, that is?

Clearly the playful nature of this idea has been lost... i agree this isn't a place for blind praise but honest discussion. i also agree criticism is useless if it's not constructive.

as a newcomer to this community i'd like offer up an actual passion project that is more in line with what users here apparently expect.

for whatever it's worth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHSvFaG7DiU

I was simply stating my opinion that tact is always appreciated when telling someone you don't enjoy what they did.

If you all don't agree, fine. I guess you can be as brutal as feel you need to be...

Back