• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

vfx Portal

Tornadoes are real
Portals are not (that we know of lol)

So on this one, it's easier to say yes, that looks good, because if it looks a little fake, how would we know what looks real? But overall yes, looks good!

I would possibly increase the center light when it opens almost like the sun is on the other side (to show its power) and you may want to actually color grade it better to fit the scene. The blue/green glow kinda makes it looks "pasted" in there but I get it should look different.

The outer circle of the portal looked good, and the colour didn't seem "off" to me at all, but the centre was less convincing - mainly because it's a portal, so I would be expecting to see something, anything, other than a fuzzy version of the landscape behind. Either a bright light as @indietalk suggests, or an abstract alternative world (maybe colour-matched to the landscape so that it's not immediately obvious.

The interaction between the woman and the portal felt a bit flat - it cast no light on her at all. Even if one could excuse the absence of shadow on the grounds that the source of the light was non-natural, if feels like there should at least be a glow on her skin/clothes as she approaches the portal. As a test clip, maybe that wasn't a priority for you, but if it's intended to be an example of how good your work is, you need to pay attention to every detail - because your customers will!

The outer circle of the portal looked good, and the colour didn't seem "off" to me at all, but the centre was less convincing - mainly because it's a portal, so I would be expecting to see something, anything, other than a fuzzy version of the landscape behind. Either a bright light as @indietalk suggests, or an abstract alternative world (maybe colour-matched to the landscape so that it's not immediately obvious.

The interaction between the woman and the portal felt a bit flat - it cast no light on her at all. Even if one could excuse the absence of shadow on the grounds that the source of the light was non-natural, if feels like there should at least be a glow on her skin/clothes as she approaches the portal. As a test clip, maybe that wasn't a priority for you, but if it's intended to be an example of how good your work is, you need to pay attention to every detail - because your customers will!
Nice Comment, I totaly agree with you ,In the next work I will consider :)

Back