• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Please tell me I'm not stupid

I can't seem to get either of these in-browser screenwriting programs to work right.

fivesprockets.com - After you type in a character's name and hit enter, logic would dictate that the program automatically thinks the next thing you're going to write is dialogue, and will indent accordingly. But I cannot get this to work. I've tried enter, tab, arrow keys. The only thing that seems to work is to type and then highlight and format afterwards.

plotbot.com - So after getting frustrated with fivesprockets I decided to try out plotbot. Everything is written in these little boxes. There's a box for action, a box for dialogue, etc. So I was at the bottom of the page and wanted to rewrite something at the top of the page in a box up there, but clicking on or in the box does nothing. Can't seem to get access to that box through any intuitive means.

Now I'm using screenwritingpro.com, which is free for now because it's in beta, and even though it has bugs and it's in beta, it seems to work better than the 2 above. But I really want someone to try out those two and tell me if I'm crazy or stupid, because I haven't read any reviews of other people having these issues. Maybe I just don't know how to use them.... or maybe final draft and celtx have spoiled me to the point where anything that doesn't work like those two, I don't have the patience for.

Back