• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

please help with a screenplay idea...

I just had this idea a few days ago and I'm not sure if it's ok or it's a bad idea...It's more of a horror/action story...Here is a link to it:
http://www.talentville.com/snippetaccess/Q3Lqkm
password is: "idea"
(ps: I hope it's not considered a spam)
I could really use some help, as I'm not sure whether to discard it or write a screenplay based on it...Please let me know what do you think about it!:)

Last edited:
Logline? A guy's date goes missing and he must fight a huge conspiracy net in order to save her.

That is okay. You have so much stuff going on that if for sure is possible to turn it into something good.

I could really use some help, as I'm not sure whether to discard it or write a screenplay based on it...
I think you should make that decision based on YOUR passion
for the idea. All the best screenplays were written because the
writer NEEDED to write that story. Not because others said it
was good.

Is this an idea YOU have passion for? Is this something YOU want
to spend the next several months writing?

If you take the time answer my questions I'll answer yours.

@directorik: Thank you for your reply to this topic. Indeed, your words ring true and, although they may seem easy to understand, they actually have much depth and they are not to be taken lightly. Yes, I would really enjoy/have passion for writing this as a screenplay first, then spending more time rewriting it. I found that, with all screenplays I wrote, when I rewrite them, the passion and the joy of doing this do not fade. It sometimes happens that I have new ideas about a particular screenplay I wrote and I immideatly "jump" in for a rewrite!:) Other times, I re-read them and find errors(sometimes even logical, unfortunately) that just weren't obvious in the first place and I rewrite them. My concern was that some of it might sound weird or horror(eg: ghosts, supernatural power, etc.), which many people don't appreciate(but again, others do, as proven by movies of this genre, sometimes with even more horror elements than this idea). So, this project is something I would work on...
@Filman: Thank you for sharing a few thoughts on this idea! The logline you wrote here sums up perfectly this idea, and I hope you're right and maybe something good will come up..:)

I understand. Sometimes a writer thinks they need validation.

Personally this idea of yours doesn't inspire me. I would not write
this screenplay. However it might make a terrific movie that I would
like. There have been many movies that I liked that I didn't like the
"idea". I suspect that has happened to you and many others.

Which is why I posed my questions to you. I feel a writer should write
what they have passion for regardless of what others think. So I'm not
the right person to answer your question. Opinion shouldn't matter to
you. But I understand that sometimes it does. I say write it!

Back