• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Please check out my Kraft competition entry

That Kraft video was cheesy :D hehe.

It looked 1970's minus the digital range and scooper. Continuity errors on picking up the dishes (she switches hands) and a nit pick... she said "a oven" not "an oven". Well done.

Moved to Screening Room.

Dude, I could feel my chest seizing up just looking at the ingredients! :eek:

Great job. Looks really great, and as mentioned like a few decades old. Kinda comforting, somehow, on a cooking show.

Found it a bit odd at 2:30, when she looks up from the cakes to the face the camera directly. Something sinister going on there, like she suddenly gets switched on. Odd moment. Anyways, I'm rambling.

I'm hungry now, too. :blush:

Nice lighting job, knightly!

I think that in the places where she is not on screen, you can voice over the actions she is doing. For example:

When she puts the cake in the oven, then says: "they should be in the oven about 13 minutes," Allow her to be saying that as she is taking it out of the oven. This way, there is no 'dead air'. She can be talking (voice over) the actions she is taking as opposed to telling what to do, then doing it.

Also, maybe a music bed? I thought it was very well done, the production, not the cake :)

Other than that, I think I might try to make these for Christmas, hmmmm....:yes:

EDIT: Where do I vote???

-- spinner :cool:

Last edited:
You have come a long way with the visuals. Looks really good. Is that still your XL1s? I can't critique the sound yet because I have the volume all the way down (wife's watching Grey's Anatomy).

Any behind the scenes shots? What is your new lighting setup?

VP, 3 500w Smith and victor open face lights on stands... nothing special :) Thanks for the compliments, and yes, still flogging the old canon ;)

Spinner, not sure where to vote... and where were you when I was trying to cut out a minute and a half from the edit... oh yeah, couple of states away ;) thanks

ZS, you noticed the funny thing... good for you, it's actually a clip reversed of her looking down, so the movement is a bit odd, but it was the only relxed moment of her I got cause she thought I was shooting her hands rather than her face (evil director moment ;) ).

IT, thanks (wasn't quite sure if this should be a screening room item as it's a youtube vid so thanks for the move). I was going for the old cooking show kinda thing hoping it came through and it seemed to have done so. The continuity errors were due to the speed at which we shot (3 hours) and the fact that we only had enough ingredients for twice through the recipe. I tried to hide them as best I could using match edits and cut on action. Holds pretty well I thought (although all I see are the continuity errors :P ).

Holds pretty well I thought (although all I see are the continuity errors :P ).

I see 'em all too.. but then I'm also an editor and not your "average viewer" ;) And if my kitchen weren't such a mess -- and my schedule weren't so chaotic what with work, the holiday play, and having just (tonight) been cast in the next production this theater is doing -- I would TOTALLY be making some of those myself.. they look sinfully delicious. :D

Back