• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Playhoust West Film Festival - North Hollywood, CA

Hi Everyone!

Coming up June 10-12, at the El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood, is the 15th Annual Playhouse West Film Festival! I forgot to post about this earlier, and unfortunately the deadline has already gone by to submit films. The festival is spread over three days, consisting of mostly shorts and a few features.

Playhouse West School and Repertory Theater is a training ground for actors, writers and directors founded by Robert Carnegie and Jeff Goldblum in 1981. Our school focuses solely on the Meisner Technique, Playhouse West was the last school he taught at before retiring. Notable alumni include James Franco, Mark Pellegrino (who is also a current teacher), Ashley Judd, Scott Caan, and other working actors.

For more information on the school and alumni check out http://playhousewest.net/about-the-school/.

Tickets are $60 for a 3-day pass, we will also be selling one day passes later on after we have announced the film schedule. They can be bought at: http://playhousewest.net/film-festival-tickets/. Join us for a great networking opportunity! Each film will have a Q&A session.

If you have any questions let me know! I am a student at the school and I am also on the committee running the festival! :)

Last edited:
Awesome! I'll be there for at least one screening. :cool:

Been thinking about auditing a class there myself, too. Have a buddy there who loves it. :cheers:

Awesome! I'll be there for at least one screening. :cool:

Been thinking about auditing a class there myself, too. Have a buddy there who loves it. :cheers:

You should! After I audited I HAD to join. No other acting class I've gone to has taught me so much, the Meisner technique is truly a gift.

And we just announced Scott Caan will be one of our special guests talking at the festival! :D

Back