Planning my first Music Video

Hey guys,
I am planning my first music video for a friend and would like some advice.

This video is a no budget video, so we will have to make do with locations that are no cost or locations through friends who have access to various places suitable.

Now this is planned for september in London, with a small crew of 4 people max. Handheld DSLR/Tripod/Stabiliser.

Now as this is my first music video attempt which will be used for social media promotion only, what advice would you give?

I am looking for as much information as possible regarding planning, websites with info as well as the must do's and must not's of music video production.

:cool:

focus! SUPER SHARP FOCUS on the eyes is vital. not softness..

Also, try and get eye light in every shot.. if you dont see it, then just get a small flash light and somehow rig it about a foot away from your camera pointing directly at the subject... eye lights make talent POP.

I like that. I've been using ring-lights, and I love the effect, but it only works up-close. A flashlight sounds like a great way to create roughly the same effect, while distancing the camera from the subject. :)

focus! SUPER SHARP FOCUS on the eyes is vital. not softness..

Also, try and get eye light in every shot.. if you dont see it, then just get a small flash light and somehow rig it about a foot away from your camera pointing directly at the subject... eye lights make talent POP. Also, pro hair and makeup would be really good, or at least another person who is good with makeup on hand.. the artist cant be worrying about EVERYTHING.

Could i use the 312LED for this? I do have someone on the crew who can help with makeup etc. :cool:

Hi, yes!

Central London... In a few locations tbc.

I am looking for a nice city skyline view if you have any ideas? :cool:

im actually looking for similar things for my trailer to my short film. i was wondering if you would accept someone to tag along ... (me) im a music producer myself and would love to learn how other people do things, like its totally up to you.. obvs i could only make it if i could get time off work, what equipment are you filming with?

im actually looking for similar things for my trailer to my short film. i was wondering if you would accept someone to tag along ... (me) im a music producer myself and would love to learn how other people do things, like its totally up to you.. obvs i could only make it if i could get time off work, what equipment are you filming with?

If you are interested, i could do with someone else on location to help out. Thats if you have time.

I will send you a PM

Back