• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Pirongia Forest Park lodge

neat, looks like a fun place.

These are just ideas, not criticisms. If your customer is happy (regardless of price) than you did a god thing.

From what Iv read, location glamor shots are best at sunrise\sunset. Things look a bit flat at midday. If you can get there right after rain, or when the lawn was watered that be good too.

Slower pans. Don't try and capture such a wide arc in a pan shot. More shots, faster pace might be good.

Its OK to "stage" action, its a commercial after all.

cool
thanks for the tips, the lodge is located on the eastern side of the mountain so sunrises would look really good, would sun sets work too ??? the sun will be behind the mountain so you wont actually see it, the light will be different though would this look good ?

I like the footage (Pans are kind of fast though) and editing, but most of all it’s awesome you got the opportunity and took it.

From a 1st impression stand point, there are a few things I personally wouldn’t mind being different or a little more polished.

The Music seems a bit minor sounding and not as “Come visit here.” inviting as it might be. I find this especially at like 1:16, but I do like the more up/action of the music against the rock climbing.

The VO is breath poppy, and in a few places seems the delivery takes a hit from the copy maybe being a little too long.

There could be some ‘The majesty of nature’ time lapse, some misty morning ‘Adventure of the new day’ footage, and a splash of ‘Come relax’- ‘Fond memories to be had’ golden hour shots as icing, but that is neither here nor there for me.

I like that you nailed some family friendly/bonding moments, they go a long way.

Over all I enjoyed it, it managed to unexpectedly be something greater than just a promotional video,
but at the same time I think it could use some tweaking.

-Thanks-

Back